Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 30 Years
Husband: Madhu Mantena
|Famous For||Being the daughter of the famous cricketer, Viv Richards|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||1 November 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|College/University||• Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University, Mumbai, India
• A music and dance college in London
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Apparel Manufacture and Design|
|Hobbies||Playing Tennis, Listening to Music, Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced (in March 2019)|
|Marriage Date||2 June 2015|
|Husband/Spouse||Madhu Mantena (Film Producer and Entrepreneur) (m. 2015; div. 2019)
|Parents||Father- Viv Richards (Cricketer)
Mother- Neena Gupta (Actress)
|Tennis Player||Sania Mirza|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Masaba Gupta
- Does Masaba Gupta smoke?: Not Known
- Does Masaba Gupta drink alcohol?: Yes
- She grew up in Mumbai and received her primary education from there.
- Her grandfather, R. N. Gupta, was a Sanskrit scholar and had done M.Phil in this subject.
- Masaba wanted to be a tennis player. She practised a lot but at the age of 16, her enthusiasm declined for the sport.
- Her father, Viv Richards has been a renowned cricketer, and her mother, Neena Gupta has been a famous Bollywood actress.
- Her parents never married because her father, Viv Richards, was already married to a West Indian woman.
- Her mother always wanted her to be an actress. But, she took up a music and dance course in London, however, later, she dropped out of it.
- When she was 19 years old, she applied for Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai with support from Wendell Rodricks.
- Masaba is a fashion designer who specializes in ethnic wear for women and uses chiffon, silk, and cotton as well as rich embroidery work.
- In 2017, she represented India in an exhibit showcasing re-designs of Levi’s iconic trucker jacket.
- In February 2019, Masaba received the ‘Business Excellence & Innovative Best Practices’ award from the former Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh.
- Masaba is the first Indian designer to do an Instagram show. She also claims that 60% of her sale happens through WhatsApp.
- When she supported the Supreme Court ban on firecrackers on the occasion of Diwali, she was trolled and harassed by saying her, ‘an illegitimate West Indian.’
- The Indian web television series, Masaba Masaba is based on the life of Masaba Gupta. The series was premiered on Netflix on 28 August 2020.