|Model and Doctor
|Being the first runner up of the Miss Kerala Beauty Pageant 2019
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 128 lbs
|Film: Sivan Ceepee (2019)
|Year of Birth
|Date of Death
|1 November 2019
|Place of Death
|National Highway stretch in between Vytilla and Palarivattom near Holiday Inn Hotel in Kerala India News
|Age (at the time of death)
|Car Accident The New Indian Express
|Atomic Energy Central School 2- AECS2 Hyderabad
|• Sri Chaitanya Jr College ECIL Hyderabad
• KMCT Ayurveda Medical College
• Kerala University of Health and Science
|• Graduation from Sri Chaitanya Jr College ECIL Hyderabad
• Medical Education from KMCT Ayurveda Medical College
• Post graduation from Kerala University of Health and Science
|Sketching, Travelling, and Shopping
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Brother- Arjun (Software Engineer in Kochi)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjana Shajan
- Anjana Shajan was an Indian model. She was the first runner up of the beauty pageant Miss Kerala 2019.
- During the Miss Kerala pageant 2019, Anjana Shajan was awarded Miss Beautiful Smile and Miss Photogenic titles. She was also chosen as the digital star of the show.
- While working as a doctor at KMCT Medical College Hospital, Manashery, Kerala she ventured into modelling and started participating in beauty pageants.
- She had a huge fan following on social media accounts such as Instagram and Facebook. Anjana Shajan was a model and was seen actively promoting several commercial brands on her social media account.
- In 2019, Anjana Shajan appeared in a short film called Sivan Ceepee that was directed by South Indian director Kammal.
- She appeared in several television commercials, and her last advertisement was the Kalyan Silk advertisement.
- According to Anjana Shajan, her mother was her greatest inspiration to opt for modelling as a profession. In a conversation with a media house, she talked about her inspiration in life. She said,
My Mother is my first inspiration. I have also been inspired by Aiswarya Rai Bachchan and Manushi Chillar.”
In the same conversation, she expressed her biggest strength. She stated,
Positivity! I was enjoying every moment of the pageant and was positive throughout my Miss Kerala journey. I must also mention that all the contestants were very friendly and we all became friends instantly. I felt more like I was back in hostel. It didn’t feel like a competition at all. That really helped to stay positive.”
- Anjana was a compassionate animal lover. She often posted pictures of her pet dog on her social media account.
- In an interview, Anjana Shajan was asked that how she would manage her modelling and medical profession in future. She then replied,
I will continue my profession as a doctor. I would also like to do my bit for the society by joining an NGO. I feel that I can reach out to more people now since I have a title. So I would like to help the society in whatever way I can. When it comes to my passion of modelling, if good opportunities comes my way for acting and modelling, I would like to take it up.”
- Anjana Shajan was killed on 1 November 2021 in a road accident in Kochi along with the Miss Kerala 2019 ‘Ansi Kabeer.’
- According to the family members of Anjana and Ansi, they were close friends, and they worked together on several modelling projects. They were on their way to Kochi for a fashion show when their car collapsed with a tree as their driver was overspeeding on Kochi highway who lost control while trying to save a two-wheeler coming from the opposite side. There were two male passengers who were also travelling with them. Soon, the police gave the official statement after scrutinizing the accident area. They said,
On account of the impact of the accident, the car was totally damaged and the two winners of the beauty event died on the spot. oth women died immediately after the accident. Both women died immediately after the accident. Out of the two co-passengers, one person is critical. Both are currently under treatment at the Ernakulam Medical Centre.”