|Full Name||Manu Rishi Chadha|
|Profession(s)||Script and Dialogue Writer, Actor|
|Famous For||Writing Dialogues for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||3 January 1971|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Cambridge School, Sri Nivas Puri, New Delhi (in 1990)|
|College/University||University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Saathiya (Hindi; 2002)
Film (Lyricist & Dialogue Writer): Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (Hindi; 2008)
Film (Writer): Nanu Ki Jaanu (Hindi; 2018)
Web Series (Actor): Permanent Roommates (2016)
|Hobbies||Strolling on Versova Beach, Travelling|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||May 2, 2013|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brothers- Mayank Kohli, Sidhartha Chadha, Sumit Kohli, Vivek Kohli
Sisters- Dimple Toor, Radha Chadha
|Favourite Playwright||Girish Karnad|
|Favourite Director||Arvind Gaur|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shashi Kapoor, Deepak Dobriyal, Piyush Mishra, Rajat Kapoor, Sanjay Mishra|
|Favourite Film||Amar Akbar Anthony|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Lyricist(s)||Gulzar, Irshad Kamil|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manu Rishi
- Manu Rishi’s father wanted him to take interest in their automobile spare parts shop in Delhi. But he didn’t like that, as he wanted to become an actor.
- It was his mother who influenced him to take part in plays in school and college.
- He did theatres for almost 7 years, and by the time he was 18, he decided to become an actor.
- In 1999, when he landed in Mumbai with the dream to become an actor, his friends told him to make a portfolio and send it to casting directors. But he didn’t do that and continued doing theatres.
- During his struggling days, he took up advertisements and also did a television show.
- Manu Rishi assisted Rajat Kapoor in his film Raghu Romeo, starring Vijay Raaz. He also did a cameo in the film.
- He also did cameos in Mithya, Ek Chalis Ki Last Local and Mixed Double later.
- The turning point of his life was Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! After which, people started recognizing him. He also bagged Filmfare and IIFA awards for Best Dialogue for the film.
- He was also offered a role in Peepli Live. However, due to some reasons, he couldn’t get the role.
- Later, his friends, Piyush Mishra and Deepak Dobriyal told him to venture into writing.
- During an interview, he revealed about his favourite film- Amar Akbar Anthony and said that “I still wonder where Anthony Gonzalves is?”
- Manu Rishi also wrote dialogues for Sudhir Mishra’s ‘Yeh Saali Zindaagi.’
- He also did cameos in a number of popular films including Ankhon Dekhi and Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
- Here’s a glimpse of Manu Rishi’s acting:
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡