|Full Name||Shabana Kaifi Azmi|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 6"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 September 1950|
|Age (as in 2018)||68 Years|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Queen Mary School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Psychology|
|Debut||Film- Ankur (1974)|
|Family||Father- Late Kaifi Azmi (Poet)
Mother- Shaukat Azmi (Stage Actress)
Brother- Baba Azmi (Cinematographer)
|Address||702, Sagar Samrat, Greenfields, Juhu, Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Watching Movies, Reading|
|Controversies||• Her shaved head and kissing scene with Nandita Das in the movie Fire.
• Kissed on cheek by Nelson Mandela on his visit to India in 1993 arised controversy.
• Had a social networking war with the makers of I Don’t Luv You because of the words of song Ishq ki maa ki.
• Critized remarks by Naseeruddin Shah after he called Farhan Akhtar's performance 'fake' in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
|Favourite Food||Hyderabadi Biryani|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Dev Anand|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhubala, Nargis
|Favourite Colour(s)||Red, Blue, Black|
|Favourite Destination||New York and London|
|Favourite Book||Chokher Bali|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shekhar Kapur (Filmmaker)
Javed Akhtar (Writer)
|Husband/Spouse||Javed Akhtar (m. 1984-present)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shabana Azmi
- Does Shabana Azmi smoke?: No
- Does Shabana Azmi drink alcohol?: No
- She acted in more than 100 films and has won 5 National Award and 4 Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Bollywood actresses Tabu and Farah Naaz are her nieces.
- She has been an pro-active socialist and supported slum dwellers, displaced Kashmiri Pandit migrants and victims of the earthquake at Latur, Maharashtra.
- She did a 4 day long march for communal harmony from New Delhi to Meerut in 1989.
- She was privileged with the Honorary Doctorate in Art by Chancellor of the University Brandan Foster by the Leeds Metropolitan University in Yorkshire.