Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Husband: Benedict Taylor
Age: 34 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005)
Bengali Film: Antaheen (2009)
Marathi Film: Samaantar (2009)
Telugu Film: Rakht Charitra (2010)
Tamil Film: Dhoni (2012)
Malayalam Film: Haram (2015)
Hindi TV: Stories by Rabindranath Tagore (2015)
|Awards||2016: Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Award for Best Actress for the Bollywood film, Parched
2017: Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress for the Bollywood film, Madly
2018: Vogue Digital Disruptor Award
|Date of Birth||7 September 1985 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Tilak Nagar High School, Dombivli, Maharashtra|
|College(s)||• Fergusson College, Pune
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A Bachelor's degree in Economics and Mathematics
• Diploma in Dance Studies
|Address||A flat in Versova, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Reading, Dancing, and Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• In February 2015, Radhika Apte's lewd pics went viral. After the investigation, it was found that the lady in the pics was her look alike.
• In March 2015, she made a bold statement against the Telugu film industry by criticizing them for being very "patriarchal" and "male-chauvinist". She also said that she had struggled the most with the Telugu film industry as actresses over there are not treated well.
• In April 2015, a video clip of Radhika Apte went viral on the internet. The video clip was part of Anurag Kashyap's short film, in which Radhika was lifting her clothes in front of the camera. When Anurag came to know about it, he rushed to the Cyber Crime Branch of the Mumbai Police and filed a complaint about it.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Tusshar Kapoor (Actor) Daily Hunt
Benedict Taylor (Musician)
|Marriage Date||March, 2013|
|Husband/Spouse||Benedict Taylor (Musician)
|Parents||Father- Charudutt Apte (Doctor)
Mother- Name Not Known (Doctor)
|Siblings||Brother- Ketan Apte|
|Food(s)||Chicken Biryani, Caramel Custard, Asparagus, Rosy Rhubarb Pie|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshaye Khanna, Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, Jack Nicholson|
|Actresses||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shabana Azmi|
|Film(s)||The Lady in the Van, Son of Saul, Where to Invade Next|
|Restaurant(s)||Blue Nile, Kayani Bakery, Cafe Goodluck, Vaishali in Pune|
|Film Director||Sriram Raghavan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Radhika Apte
- Does Radhika Apte smoke?: Yes
- Does Radhika Apte drink alcohol?: Yes
- Radhika Apte belongs to a Marathi family. Her father, Charudutt Apte is the chairman and surgeon at the Sahyadri Hospital in Pune.
- Her favourite subject was Mathematics. Her grandmother, Madhumalati Apte, who was a mathematician and a PhD from France, used to teach her maths.
- Radhika is a trained Kathak dancer and received training in it for eight years.
- At the age of 18, Radhika started acting in the Marathi theatre plays, and her debut play was ‘Nako Re Baba’ (2003).
- She has done a number of plays in Hindi and English languages.
- Radhika Apte is associated with Mohit Takalkar’s theatre troupe, Aasakta Kalamanch in Pune.
- Some of her notable theatre plays are Purnaviram, Tu, Kanyadaan, Matra Ratra, Brain Surgeon, That Time, Bombay Black, etc.
- She started her acting career in 2005 in the Bollywood film, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!, in which she played the role of Anjali.
- She loves doing grey roles rather than the typical glamorous roles.
- Radhika has worked in Hindi, English, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films.
- In 2014, her nine films were released in different languages, for which she was highly praised by the critics.
- In 2015, she made her television debut with the Hindi TV series, Stories by Rabindranath Tagore, in which she portrayed the character of Binodini.
- In 2018, Radhika co-wrote the Bollywood film, Lust Stories. She also played the lead role of Kalindi in it.
- She has also worked in a number of short films in different languages like ‘Darmiyan’ (2008), ‘Vakratunda Swaha’ (2010), ‘That Day After Everyday’ (2013), ‘The Calling’ (2015), etc.
- Her role in the Netflix horror miniseries, Ghoul (2018) as Nida Rahim gave her huge fame.
- Radhika Apte has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Femina Wedding Times, Grazia India, Cosmopolitan India, and Better Homes and Gardens India.
- She is a good friend of Kalki Koechlin.
- She lives in Mumbai while her husband “Benedict Taylor” lives in London, though they visit each other often.
- Actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, once revealed that he had a secret crush on her.
- She is an avid dog lover.