Arpinder Singh Height, Age, Family, Biography & More
Age: 29 Years
Height: 6' 1"
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arpinder Singh
- In his youth, he used to be a 100 m runner. It was his coach who asked him to try out Triple Jump.
- In 2006, he gave a trial in the Sports School, Jalandhar and managed to jump a little above 11 m. He wasn’t selected, but he refused to give up. He worked hard and came back next year with a score of 11.85 m and got accepted into the school.
- In the U-17 School Games, he jumped 13.86 m and bagged a silver for himself.
- He then trialled for the Sports Authority of India (SAI) Ludhiana where he was selected but only as a day scholar. He was not able to get any scholarship and all the financial expenses fell over his head. Though in an interview he said that it all worked out for good.
- In 2009, he won the Youth National Games which was very helpful for improving his financial situation.
- In 2010, he won in the School National Games, which was the start of the ascent in his career.
- In 2013, he broke the 16 m mark. In an interview, he revealed that that was a crucial moment that built his confidence and made him believe he could achieve a lot more in the future.
- His parents were always very supportive, be it emotionally or financially. His father always pushed him to work hard and achieve laureates in sports.
- In 2014, he broke the National Record with a 17.17-metre jump. In the process, he qualified for the 2014 Commonwealth Games where he bagged a bronze medal for his country.
- He won Gold Medal in Triple Jump at the 2018 Asian Games on the eve of National Sports Day of India on 29 August 2018.
- He is also a popular social media personality and has thousands of followers across different social media networks.