Some Lesser Known Facts About Sita Sahu
- Does Sita Sahu smoke ?: Not Known
- Does Sita Sahu drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born into a very poor family who found difficulty in putting three meals in a day.
- Though she was mentally challenged, she never took herself to be different from others.
- On 8 June 2011, she, along with seven other children, went to visit the then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, for a tea.
- On July 6 2011, she returned home from the 2011 Athens Special Olympics with two Bronze Medals; representing India in 200m race and 1600m relay race.
- On Sita’s stay in Athens, her coach, Sajid Masood said,
“the 15-day stay in Athens had transformed her completely- from a diffident and morose girl to a confident teenager. She learnt to comb her hair neatly and mingle with other participants.”
- Due to her financial limitation and lack of support from the government, she dropped her passion for running and started earning her daily bread by selling chaats and Gol Gappa.
- After some years, the media got this news and highlighted the official’s neglect towards her. This reached the ears of the government and The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) gave her family a sum of Rs 6 lakhs and the State Government ₹3 lakh.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)
- This money not only motivated her to follow her passion again but also helped her poverty-struck family. Her siblings resumed their studies and the chaat stall was upgraded with concrete walls.