|Full name||Arya Parvathi S Nair The Times of India|
|Other name||Arya Parvathi Arya Parvathi - Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV: Chempattu (2017) as Parvathy on Asianet
Short Film: Rathrikal Paranja Kadha (2019) on YouTube
|Awards||• 2019: Special Jury Award for her performance in the short film Rathrikal Paranja Kadha at the Claps Short Film Festival
• 2019: Best Actress Award for her performance in the short film Rathrikal Paranja Kadha at the Short Film Fest
• 2022: Vrindrani Award by the Madras Music Academy
• 2022: Dakshinamoorthi Vayalar Puraskaram Award at the Chenkal Maheswaram Temple in Trivandrum
|Date of Birth||21 March 2000 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Vaikom, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Vaikom, Kerala, India|
|School||K.P.M. Higher Secondary School, Poothotta, Kerala|
|College/University||• Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit in Kalady, Kerala
• REVA University in Kattigenahalli, Yelahanka, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts in Mohiniyattam
• Bachelor of Arts in Performing Arts & English Psychology Arya Parvathi - Facebook
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Shankar M P (artist)
Mother- Deepthi Shankar (nurse)
|Siblings||She has a younger sister who was born on 18 February 2023
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arya Parvathy
- Arya Parvathy is an Indian actress and dancer who is well known for appearing in Malayalam television shows. She rose to popularity by playing the titular role in the television show Ilayaval Gayathri on Mazhavil Manorama.
- In an interview, talking about her religious beliefs, Arya said,
I just can’t wait to welcome my baby brother or sister to this world. I am a Guruvayurappan devotee, and we consider this a blessing from him.”
- Arya is trained in Mohiniyattam, an Indian classical dance form. In addition to this, she also performs other Indian classical dance forms like Kathakali, Kuchipudi, etc. at dance competitions and cultural shows.
- Apart from performing Mohiniyattam in various events, Arya provides training in the dance form to young and aspiring dance students.
- While studying at school, Arya participated in and won the dance competition for three consecutive years, which was organised by Kala Thilakam, Kerala’s State School Youth Festival.
- In 2017, Arya played the role of Supriya in the television show Ammuvinte Amma on Mazhavil Manorama.
- In 2017, Arya participated in the sub-district competition and won the first prize for her dance performance in the Indian classical dance forms Kuchipudi and Mohiniyattam. In addition to this, she bagged second prize in the singing competition under the light music category.
- On 5 July 2018, the management of NSS Higher Secondary School invited Arya as a chief guest to inaugurate their arts festival in Thrippunithura.
- In 2018, Arya gained recognition for playing the titular role in the television show Ilayaval Gayathri on Mazhavil Manorama.
The same year, she was invited as a guest in one of the episodes of the Indian celebrity talk show Onnum Onnum Moonnu on Mazhavil Manorama.
- According to her Instagram post, Arya stated that one of her favourite songs is Entho Mozhiyuvan by Manu Ramesan.
- In 2018, the Viswakarma Service Society invited Arya to inaugurate their annual function in Thrippunithura.
- In 2019, Arya Parvathy was featured on the cover of Mangalam Magazine.
- In 2021, Arya acted in the short film It’s A Kammal Story on YouTube.
- Arya has a tattoo of her mother’s name on the wrist of her left hand.
- In 2022, Arya performed at the Kalahasthi Temple in Andhra Pradesh.
- Arya’s mother, Deepthi Shankar gave birth to a girl child on 18 February 2023, at the age of 47. Arya, in an interview, talked about her mother’s pregnancy and the huge age gap between her and her younger sister. She revealed that her parents hid the news of the pregnancy from her as they were of the opinion that Arya might get embarrassed by them. On the contrary, she was amused by hearing the news of her sister’s arrival. On 11 February 2023, Arya took to Instagram to share the news of her mother’s pregnancy with her followers. As the post went viral, a few congratulated her and wished for her mother’s safety while others trolled her for the huge age gap between the sisters, and additionally, compared her story with the Bollywood film “Badhaai Ho” (2018), starring Ayushmann Khurrana, Gajraj Rao, and Neena Gupta; the film was based on the story of a middle-aged couple who initially received embarrassment from their sons after they broke the news of the pregnancy to them. Arya, who was delighted with the arrival of her younger sister, talked about how she dealt with society’s viewpoint about her mother’s pregnancy and said,
One phone call changed my life. Last year, a few days before I was supposed to go back home for my vacation, I got a call from Appa. He seemed restless. A few minutes later, he said, ‘Amma is pregnant’. I didn’t know how to react…that’s not something you just hear your parents say at 23. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Amma was 47. And I know it’s going to sound weird but when Appa told me, Amma was already in her 8th month. In fact, when Amma herself found out, she was 7 months in. After Appa gave me the news, he said they had kept it a secret because they didn’t know how I would react. A few days later, when I reached home, I fell on Amma’s lap & started crying. I said, ‘Why would I be ashamed?’ I had wanted this for so long. Slowly, we began telling our family & friends. Some concerns were genuine but some were mere taunts. But we didn’t pay any attention.” Hindustan Times