|Profession(s)||Actor and Television Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film, Hindi (Actor): Saath Saath (1982)
TV (Actor): Khandaan (1985)
Film, Malayalam (Actor): Vasthuhara (1991)
TV (Director): Saans (1999)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||National Film Awards
1993: Best First Non-Feature Film for Bazaar Sitaram (directed by Neena Gupta)
1994: Best Supporting Actress for Woh Chokri
1999: Best Actress for Saans
2019: Best Actress for Badhaai Ho
2019: Best Actress (Critics) for Badhaai Ho
India International Film Festival of Boston
2019: Best Actress for The Last Color
|Date of Birth||4 June 1959 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||62 Years|
|School||The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M. A.
• M. Phil in Sanskrit Jagran
|Food Habit||Vegetarian India Today|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Controversy||• In 1989, she gave birth to Masaba Gupta out of her marriage with the cricket legend Vivian Richards. She received a lot of criticism for the same, and her career was also affected by this. Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Alok Nath (Actor)
• Shaarangdev (son of the Indian classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj)
• Vivian Richards (West Indies cricketer)
• Vivek Mehra (Chartered Accountant)
|Marriage Date||Second Marriage: 15 July 2008
|Husband/Spouse||• First Husband: Name Not Known IMDB
• Second Husband: Vivek Mehra
|Children||Daughter- Masaba Gupta, Fashion Designer (With Vivian Richards)
|Parents||Father- Late R. N. Gupta
Mother- Late Shakuntala Gupta (died due to cancer)
|Siblings||Brother- Pankaj Gupta|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan and Vinod Khanna|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neena Gupta
- Neena Gupta is a popular veteran Indian actor.
- Reportedly, her mother wanted her to become an IAS officer.
- She used to play hockey while she was in college.
- As per the sources, she got married at the age of 16 with a boy from Calcutta who was an IIT Delhi pass out, but the marriage lasted for only two years.
- She completed a three-year course from the National School of Drama in 1982.
- In 1982, she debuted in the Bollywood film ‘Saath Saath’. Later, she acted in many other Bollywood films, including ‘Gandhi’ (1982), Mandi (1983), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron (1983), Rihaee (1988), Swarg (1990), and Drishti (1990).
- She received Rs. 10,000 for the film ‘Gandhi’ in 1982.
- In 1985, she started acting in the Hindi TV serials. She acted in various TV serials, like Daddy (1989), Drishti (1990), Saans (1999), Siski (2000), Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2004), and Kitani Mohabbat Hai (2009).
- She appeared in the famous item song ‘Choli Ke Peeche’ from the film ‘Khalnayak’ (1993) along with Madhuri Dixit.
- In 1997, her pop album, ‘Go To Court’ was released, which was a big flop.
- In 1999, she debuted as a director in the TV serial ‘Saans.’
- She hosted a TV game show ‘Kamzor Kadi Kaun’ in 1999, which was aired on Star Plus.
- She has acted in many other Bollywood films, including Alone (2015), Veere Di Wedding (2018), and Mulk (2018).
- In 2018, she acted in the blockbuster film ‘Badhaai Ho.’ Her acting skills in the film was well appreciated by the audience and critics.
- She received an appreciation letter from the legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan, for her film ‘Badhaai Ho’ in 2018.
- She penned down the script of the Hindi TV web-series, ‘Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain’ in 2018.
- In 2017, she posted on her Instagram account,
- After the success of Badhaai Ho (2018) in which she received critical acclaims for her performance, she appeared in many more Hindi films, like ‘Music Teacher’ (2019), ‘The Last Color’ (2019), ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020), and ’83’ (2020).
- Before getting married to Vivek Mehra in 2008, she was reportedly engaged thrice, but none of them ended into marriage.
- She considers her father as her biggest support system during the tough times in her life.
- She has appeared in many TV commercials.
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- She owns a pet dog, Luca.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In an interview, she said that her biggest regret was to give birth to a child without getting married.
- In an interview, when asked about her daughter’s interest to become an actor, she said,
I told her if you want to be an actor then you go abroad. Because tumhara jis tarah ka shakal hai aur body hai, tumhe yahan Indian mileu mein bohot kum role milenge, even if you become a good actor. So, tumko woh heroine nahi milegi. Hema Malini nahi banoge, Alia (Bhatt) nahi banoge.”
- In her autobiography, Sach Kahun Toh, which was published on 14 June 2021, she revealed that actor and filmmaker Satish Kaushik approached her and offered to marry her when she was pregnant with daughter Masaba. In the autobiography, she mentioned that while offering to marry her, Satish Kaushik said,