|Real Name||Ashutosh Ganguly|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||3 August 1984|
|Age (as in 2016)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Wembley, London, England|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood: "Dil Gira Dafatan" from the movie 'Delhi-6'
|Family||Father- Shankar Ganguly (Singer, Musician)
Mother- Name Not Known (a descendant of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Travelling, trying different cuisines|
|Favourite Singers||Kishore Kumar, Udit Narayan, Rihanna, Nat King Cole, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin|
|Favourite Music Composer||A. R. Rahman|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter- Not Known
Son- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ash King
- Does Ash King smoke: Not Known
- Does Ash King drink alcohol: Yes
- Music runs in his blood, as both his grandfather and father were singers/musicians. His grandfather, Brajendra Lal Ganguly, was a close ally of Rabindranath Tagore, and the two often composed music at the latter’s residence- Santiniketan.
- Though born and brought up in London, Ash is a singer of Bengali and Gujarati origin.
- Interestingly, Ash has never undergone any formal training in music. In an interview, he revealed that while he was in London, he had never ever thought of becoming a singer. He added that before his tryst began with music, he did a number of odd jobs in the country. From working as a ‘waiter’ in a burger restaurant to becoming a ‘salesman’ in a computer store, Ash has been through every possible struggle that one wouldn’t fathom looking at him today.
- In another interview, Ash said that he is indebted to A. R. Rahman, who gave him his first break in Bollywood. Rahman first invited him to his home in London for an audition. Impressed by his voice, the music director straightaway offered him a song.
- Since his real name, Ashutosh Ganguly, wouldn’t have fit in a single line on a CD cover, he decided to modify it. As a result, he shortened his first name and added ‘King’ on the suggestion of a close friend.
- Once, Ash and his friend remixed Lady Gaga‘s song titled “Just Dance” and uploaded it on a popular audio streaming site. The remix soon came into her manager’s notice, who informed the American singer about it. Gaga was so impressed by the remix that she decided to include it in her official CD.
- Now a prominent singer in both India and the UK, Ash loves to perform live. He even performed at the ‘BBC London Mela’, a music festival organized by the London-based news company.
- He also made an appearance in MTV India’s prestigious show- ‘MTV Unplugged’ Series 2. In fact, the show had an entire episode dedicated to his hits.
- Though he has a number of songs to his name, the track which he cherishes the most is “Meherban Hua” from the movie Bang Bang! (2014).
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)