Hometown: Hassan, Karnataka
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 26 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Hair Colour||Black (Brown Highlights)|
|Debut||Film (Kannada): Crazy Boy (2016) as Nandini
Film (Tamil): Pattathu Arasan (2022) as Pavitra
Film (Telugu): Amigos (2023) as Ishika
|Awards||• 2017: Nominated by SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Debut Actress for the Kannada film Crazy Boy
• 2019: Nominated by SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the Kannada film Raambo 2
• 2022: Won SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the Kannada film Madhagaja
• 2022: Karnataka Women Achievers Award
|Date of Birth||5 August 1996 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|School||Bishop Sargant School & PU College, Tumkur, Karnataka|
|College/University||Jyoti Nivas Pre-University College, Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Controversy||Criticised For Drunk Video
In 2023, she received criticism from netizens for her viral video in which she was seen consuming alcohol and showing her middle finger. Various sources claimed that the video was made for fun. Whereas, according to some other sources, it was a promotional video for a film. Later, the director of one of her films shared an apology video for Ashika on his social media account and clarified that the video was a promotional video. Nadunudi He said,
"Ashika is not a person who will behave in the way it is shown in the video. This was an intense scene from our film, which has been taken out of context. She is so upset with the viral video that she is now refusing to promote the film. Making the video public was a mistake by our marketing team. Someone has decided to use this sequence, which was part of the shooting. If you pay attention, there are shooting props in the background. Having said that, I take complete onus for this mistake. It should not have happened. This should not become a personal attack on Ashika. Right now, people are believing that this was a drunken tantrum by the actress because her acting was quite realistic. On behalf of the entire team, I extend a heartfelt apology to Ashika.”
|Relationships & More|
Mother- Sudha Ranganath
Sister- Anusha Ranganath (elder; actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashika Ranganath
- Ashika Ranganath is an Indian actress. She mainly appears in Kannada films. She is known for appearing in the Kannada films ‘Crazy Boy’ (2016) and ‘Raambo 2’ (2018) in which she played the roles of Nandini and Mayuri respectively.
- She was brought up in Karnataka.
- She participated in the Clean and Clear Fresh Face Bangalore contest while she was studying at Jyoti Nivas Pre-University College. She was declared runner-up in the contest. The Indian actor Mahesh Babu was invited as the chief guest at the contest. He then offered Ashika a role in the Kannada film ‘Crazy Boy’ (2016).
- She then acted in many Kannada films such as ‘Mugulu Nage’ (2017), ‘Thayige Thakka Maga’ (2018), ‘Kotigobba 3’ (2021), ‘James’ (2022), and ‘Raymo’ (2022).
- Ashika has been featured in TV commercials for brands like Gery Busicuit and Fairplay.
- She is a trained dancer. She did her training in dance forms like freestyle and belly dance.
- She loves animals and often shares pictures with them on her Instagram account.
- She follows a regular workout regimen to maintain her fitness.
- Ashika was featured on the cover of Tulip magazine in 2023.
- Whenever she gets time from her busy schedule, she enjoys travelling with her family and friends.