Ashutosh (AAP) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Ashutosh Gupta|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Journalist, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
|Political Journey||• 2014: He joined Aam Aadmi Party
• 2014: He contested the elections from Chandni Chowk constituency but lost to Harsh Vardhan
• 2018: He submitted his resignation from the party citing personal reasons
|Date of Birth||1 January 1965|
|Age (as in 2018)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Jawahar Lal Nehru University|
|Educational Qualification(s)||M.A. (Philosophy and International Studies), M. Phil. (Soviet Studies)|
|Caste||Vaishya (Baniya) Business Standard|
|Address||83B, Block B, Expressview Apartment, Sector 105, Noida|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known (Assistant Professor)|
|Parents||Father- S N Lal Gupta (Tax Officer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Car Collection||Volkswagon Polo|
|Assets/Properties||Deposits in Banks: 21 Lakh
Shares, Bonds, and Debentures: 7 Lakh
Jewellery: 6 Lakh
Total Value: 40 Lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹8 Crore (as per 2013)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashutosh
- In 1988, he was one of the few who took the TOEFL Exam in Devnagri script.
- His first job was with Hindustan Dainik, a hindi daily newspaper.
- He dropped his last name Gupta in 1990 during the Mandal Commission agitation to dissociate himself from his caste identity in public life. Business Standard
- In 1996, he was slapped by the veteran Bahujan Samajwadi Party founder, Kanshi Ram, who was adamant in demanding a comment from him. Dainik Bhaskar
- In 1997, he received a scholarship from UN, based on his works in journalism.
- He later left Hindustan Dainik and joined the periodical with Mrinal Pande.
- After working with Mrinal Pande, he left to join Aaj Tak. He then again left Aaj Tak to join IBN7 as the Managing Editor.
- He rose to fame when he was seen crying on camera while sharing the news of Nirbhaya Gang Rape.
- In 2012 and 2013, he was influenced with the fight of Anna Hazare against corruption. He then left the field of Journalism and became an active supporter of Anna Hazare’s Jan Lokpal movement.
- He has also authored some books including “Anna: 13 Days that Awakened India” and “Mukhote Ka Rajdharm.”
- In 2014, he joined Aam Aadmi Party and got very close to the party’s leader Arvind Kejriwal.
- He contested from the Chandni Chowk constituency but lost to Harsh Vardhan. Though he was able to garner more votes than the then Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
- On 15 August 2018, he resigned from the Aam Aadmi Party; citing personal reasons. Though Arvind Kejriwal didn’t accept his resignation.
Every journey has an end. My association with AAP which was beautiful/revolutionary has also an end.I have resigned from the PARTY/requested PAC to accept the same. It is purely from a very very personal reason.Thanks to party/all of them who supported me Throughout.Thanks.
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) August 15, 2018
|↑1, ↑2||Business Standard|