Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashutosh
- Does Ashutosh smoke ?: Not Known
- Does Ashutosh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- In 1988, he was one of the few who took the TOEFL Exam in Devnagri script.
- His first job was with Hindustan.
- He dropped his last name Gupta in 1990 during the Mandal Commission agitation to dissociate himself from his caste identity in public life.
- In 1996, he was slapped by the veteran Bahujan Samajwadi Party founder, Kanshi Ram, who was adamant in demanding a comment from him.
- In 1997, he received a scholarship from UN based on his works in journalism.
- He later left Hindustan and joined the periodical with Mrinal Pande.
- He worked hard and climbed up the stairs of journalism and joined Aaj Tak. He then left Aaj Tak and joined IBN7 as the Managing Editor.
- He rose to fame when he was seen crying on camera while sharing the news of Nirbhaya Gang Rape.
- In 2012 and 2013, he was influenced with the fight of Anna Hazare against corruption. He then left the field of Journalism and became an active supporter of his Jan Lokpal movement.
- He also authored a book with the name “Anna: 13 Days that Awakened India.” He also wrote the book, “Mukhote Ka Rajdharm.”
- In 2014, he joined Aam Aadmi Party and got very close to the party’s leader Arvind Kejriwal.
- He contested from the Chandni Chowk constituency but lost to Harsh Vardhan. Though he was able to garner more votes than the then Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
- On 15 August 2018, he resigned from the Aam Aadmi Party citing his personal reasons. Though Arvind Kejriwal didn’t accept his resignation.
Every journey has an end. My association with AAP which was beautiful/revolutionary has also an end.I have resigned from the PARTY/requested PAC to accept the same. It is purely from a very very personal reason.Thanks to party/all of them who supported me Throughout.Thanks.
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) August 15, 2018