Keshav Prasad Maurya Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 52 Years
Wife: Raj Kumari Devi Maurya
|Profession||Indian Politician and Business Person|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• In his early days, Keshav has served for RSS and Bajrang Dal.
• Keshav has contested assembly elections in 2002, 2007 and 2012 and was the sitting MLA from Sirathu assembly constituency.
• In 2014 Parliamentary Elections, he became the member of the Parliament for BJP.
• On 8 April 2016, on the first day of Chaitra, Keshav was declared the chief of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
• He lost the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly election to Pallavi Patel in Sirathu by 7,337 votes. News 18
• On 25 March 2022, he took oath as the Deputy CM of Uttar Pradesh for the second term at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Stadium in Lucknow. The Hindu
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Date of Birth||7 May 1969|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Sirathu, Kaushambi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||BA Hindi Literature|
|Family||Father- Shyam Lal
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• Forgery complaint for his academic certificates: In August 2021, the Allahabad High Court ordered a probe to check the authenticity of the academic certificates and mark sheets of Maurya. The court took the action after a forgery complaint filed by Right to Information activist and district-level BJP functionary Diwakar Nath Tripathi to additional chief judicial magistrate Namrata Singh’s court against Maurya. In his complaint Tripathi claimed that “When Maurya filed his nomination for the Assembly elections from Allahabad West in 2007, he had furnished two mark sheets and an intermediate (Plus II) certificate from the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, which is not recognised by any educational board. Allahabad High Court and the Supreme Court had in the past ruled that the Sammelan’s degrees and certificates are not recognised.” However, Maurya dismissed the allegation as 'a politically motivated allegation before the Assembly elections.' The Telegraph
• BBC interview controversy: On 10 January 2022, he attracted controversy when he defended hate speech and walked out of a BBC interview. In a leaked video of the interview, Maurya was seen annoyed at questions asked by the BBC reporter Anant Zanane; the reporter had questioned on the BJP government’s silence over hate speeches made at the Haridwar dharma sansad. According to the BBC officials, an annoyed Maurya asked his security personnel to delete the video of the interview; however, the cameraman managed to recover the deleted video. The Hindu
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Raj Kumari Devi Maurya|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Now Known
Note- But he has two children
|Net Worth (approx.)||9 Crore INR|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keshav Prasad Maurya
- On 11 January 2016, 12 BJP party leaders were expelled from the party for attacking Maurya in Ballia, and two other cases were filed against two more BJP leaders.
- Like Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Mr. Maurya sold tea in his youth at his father’s stall in their village. He has been a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, he also participated in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement.
- In 2014 Parliamentary Elections, he became MP from the Phulpur Lok Sabha constituency seat with a thumping five lakh votes and over 52 per cent votes.