|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• From 1972 to 1977, he was a member of the Block Congress Committee of Kiloi, District Rohtak, Haryana.
• From 1980 to 1987, he was the senior Vice-President of Youth Congress of Haryana, President of Rohtak Panchayat Samiti, and President of Haryana Panchayat Parishad.
• He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the four consecutive years in the year 1991, 1996, 1998 and 2004.
• He was the President of the Haryana Congress Committee from 1996 to the year 2001.
• On 5 March 2005, he became the Chief Minister of Haryana for the first time.
• On 25 October 2009, he again became the Chief Minister of Haryana for the second time.
|Date of Birth||15 September 1947|
|Age (as in 2018)||71 Years|
|Birthplace||Village- Sanghi, District- Rohtak, East Punjab (Now in Haryana), India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|Address||Matu Ram Bhawan, Model Town, Delhi Road, Rohtak, Haryana.|
|School||Sainik School, Kunjpura, Karnal, Haryana|
|College/University||• Punjab University, Chandigarh
• Delhi University, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation (Punjab University)
• L.L.B. (Delhi University)
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Travelling, Playing Tennis
|Controversies||• In 2013, a senior IAS Ashok Khemka acted as a whistleblower of several alleged scams that took place during Bhupinder Singh Hooda's tenure as Chief Minister of Haryana, including the Robert Vadra DLF land grab scam.
• He had to face severe criticism for being in arguments with Congress state President Ashok Tanwar; as personal differences arose between Hooda and Tanwar after an incident in 2016 when the supporters of both Hooda and Tanwar groups sustained injuries during a scuffle in Delhi.
• When Manushi Chhillar became Miss World, he got into altercation with the then Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar over Award Prize. Hooda made a coment on Manohar Lal Khattar, "he has no daughter so that he could understand the importance of Daughters." On this, Khattar hit back at Hooda and said, "The whole Haryana is my family but I am shocked that who let daughters die in womb for the last 10 years, why are they showing the false mercy to daughters?"
• In May 2018, Hooda and 33 others were charged by a special CBI court over alleged financial irregularities in the acquisition of the land In Manesar.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year- 1976|
|Children||Son- Deepender Singh Hooda (Politician)
Daughter- Anjali Hooda
|Parents||Father- Ranbir Singh Hooda (Freedom-Fighter)
Mother- Har Devi Hooda
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹8 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhupinder Singh Hooda
- Does Bhupinder Singh Hooda smoke?: No
- Does Bhupinder Singh Hooda drink alcohol?: No
- He was born to freedom-fighter parents.
- He has participated in international conferences in the World Youth Festival at the USSR, World Parliamentary Conference in China, International Conference in USSR, Japan and South Korea as a representative of the All India Congress Committee.
- He is fondly called “Bhumi Putra” by his party workers
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡