Husband: Anurag Kashyap
Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 46 Years
|Famous For||Editing Rockstar (2011) and Highway (2014)|
|Debut||Film (Unreleased): Paanch (2003)
Web Series: Sacred Games (2018)
|Date of Birth||February 1973|
|Age (as in 2019)||46 Years|
|College/University||Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anurag Kashyap (Indian Film Director)|
|Husband/Spouse||Anurag Kashyap (Indian Film Director)
Daughter- Aaliyah Kashyap
|Favourite Editor||Walter Murch|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aarti Bajaj
- Aarti Bajaj is a popular Hindi film editor. She is best known for editing the superhit Bollywood movies- Rockstar (2011), Paan Singh Tomar (2012), and Highway (2014).
- She wanted to become a professional photographer before moving to Mumbai. She got to know about film editing in Mumbai and did a professional course in it.
- She started her career by assisting the renowned editors- Shyam Ramanna and Bardroy Baretto.
- She has also worked in TV advertisements and music videos.
- She debuted in Bollywood as an editor in Anurag Kashyap’s film- Paanch (2003). It was never released in India, due to censorship constraints.
- In 2003, she got married to her long-time boyfriend ‘Anurag Kashyap.’ They met in college and dated for nine years. Reportedly, they were in a live-in relationship and their daughter ‘Aaliyah‘ was born in 2001, and after two years i.e. in 2003, they both tied the knot. Their marriage did not last long, and the couple got divorced in 2009. There were rumours that Anurag Kashyap was dating the Bollywood actress- Kalki Koechlin, and she was the reason for Aarti and Anurag’s divorce. These rumours turned out to be true when Anurag and Kalki got married in 2011, but after four years of their marriage, they also got separated in 2015.
- Even after the divorce, Aarti and Anurag continued to work together in Bollywood films like Dev D (2009), Gulaal (2009), and Manmarziyaan (2018).
- She has also worked with director ‘Imtiaz Ali‘ and gave blockbuster movies like- Jab We Met (2007), Love Aaj Kal (2009), Rockstar (2011), and Highway (2014).
- In 2018, she edited Pakistani film ‘Cake’ directed by British-Pakistani filmmaker- Asim Abbasi.
- She was the editor of the famous Indian web series- Sacred Games (both seasons).