|Profession(s)||Model and Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-25-34|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Maaya (2014) as Meghana
Film (Tamil): Nenjamellam Kadhal (2021; under production)
|Date of Birth||30 May 1993 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|School(s)||• Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Delhi
• Kendriya Vidyalaya Hebbal, Bangalore
|College/University||BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Chemical Engineering The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mukesh Mishra (works in the Indian Air Force)
Mother- Savita Mishra
|Siblings||Brother- Agnivesh Mishra (younger)
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Vikram|
|Film(s)||The Hours (2002), Tamasha (2015)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Avantika Mishra
- Avantika Mishra is a model and South Indian actor who has mainly acted in Telugu and Tamil films.
- She was born in Delhi and to pursue her higher studies, she moved to Bangalore.
- She used to participate in various sports while she was in school and college, especially, badminton which she has played at the state-level competitions.
- At the beginning of her career, she worked as a model for six months. She appeared in various TV commercials including Puma, Vivaaha Silk, and Femina. She was also featured in the advertisements with popular Indian actors like Kamal Hassan for a saree brand Pothys and Mahesh Babu for the advertisement of Chennai Silks.
- Avantika acted in various Telugu films, including ‘Meeku Meere Maaku Meme’ (2016), ‘Meeku Maathrame Cheptha’ (2019), and ‘Bheeshma’ (2020).
- She has also acted in a few Tamil films.
- During an interview, she shared how she started her career as a model. She said,
I was a nerd but was also into athletics. I was more like a Tomboy and modelling wasn’t really my thing. My friends told me that I am tall enough to try my hand in films. I started modelling during my second year of college. I did ramp modelling and pursued it part-time. I wanted to earn from my young age and did modelling as a short-term plan. Initially, when I had gone to meet him, he thought I was too modern for the role. But suddenly my production designer put a big ‘bindi’ on my forehead and he felt he found his character.”
- In an interview, when she was asked how her parents’ reacted to her career as an actor? She replied,
Initially, my parents were not happy with my decision. I never planned to do films because when I started modelling, I wanted to participate in beauty pageants. When films happened, it was like a cultural shock for my parents. They were more scared about my safety in the industry. But once I started working, I met good people and they were satisfied and relaxed.”
- She has been trained in the Kathak dance form.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly practices Yoga.
- Avantika is an animal lover and owns a pet dog.
- She is a water sports lover. In an interview, she talked about it. She said,
Been a water baby since I was a little girl! If not an actor, I think I’d be a diver( or trying to be one). This is from one of my many diving trips and being the happiest underwater. It’s humbling. And Scuba diving is sensual in a way, y’know?”
- Avantika loves travelling, reading books, horse riding, gardening, meditating, and playing squash.