Hometown: Nootdorp, Netherlands
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 23 Years
|Real name/Full name||Bastiaan Franciscus Wilhelmus de Leede|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 62 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Hair Colour||Dark Blonde|
|International Debut||ODI- 1 August 2018 vs Nepal
T20- 12 June 2018 vs Ireland
|Jersey Number||# 5 (Netherlands)
|Domestic/State Team||2022: MI Emirates
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Records (main ones)||• Bas de Leede became the first all-rounder from the Netherlands cricket team to score a 50 and take a five-wicket haul in the CWCQ match in 2023.
• He smashed a 92-ball 123 in the second innings of the CWCQ match in 2023.
• In 2023, De Leede hit five sixes against Scotland and broke cricketer Kervezee's record.
|Career Statistics (till 2023)||One Day International (ODI)
He played 30 matches and scored 765 runs with a batting average of 27.32. He scored one century and two half-centuries. His top score was 123. He bowled 777 balls in total and took 24 wickets. His bowling average is 32.08. He took five wickets in 1 innings and took 14 catches.
Twenty20 International (T20I)
He played 31 matches and scored 610 runs with a batting average of 30.50. He scored four half-centuries. His top score was 91. He bowled 336 balls in total and took 27 wickets. His bowling average is 16.62. He took 14 catches.
First-class cricket (FC)
He played 4 matches and scored 237 runs with a batting average of 79.00. He scored three half-centuries. His top score was 85. He bowled 390 balls in total and took 9 wickets. His bowling average is 29.66. He took 3 catches.
List A cricket (LA)
He played 38 matches and scored 879 runs with a batting average of 25.11. He scored two half-centuries and a century. His top score was 123. He bowled 907 balls in total and took 27 wickets. His bowling average is 33.85. He took five wickets in 1 innings and 16 catches.
|Date of Birth||15 November 1999 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||23 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated from an Open University in the Netherlands. Bas's Facebook Account|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Tim de Leede (cricketer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has four sisters and a brother.
Cousin sister- Babette de Leede (cricketer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bas de Leede
- Bastiaan Franciscus Wilhelmus de Leede is a Dutch cricket player. He is known for being the son of Tim de Leede, a former Dutch player, who played cricket and took part in 29 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) for the Netherlands. Bas De Leede is a right-handed batsman and right-arm bowler.
- His father, Tim de Leede, was an international cricket player. Tim represented the Dutch team in the 50-over World Cups held in 1996, 2003, and 2007. In the 2003 World Cup, Tim de Leede received the Man of the Match award even though his team lost to India.
- In his childhood, he loved playing football. He often participated in several football competitions during his school days.
- Bas de Leede started playing List A matches for the Royal Netherlands Cricket Board XI (KNCB XI) on 29 September 2017 during their tour of Zimbabwe. On 29 November 2017, he made his first-class debut for the Netherlands against Namibia in the 2015-17 ICC Intercontinental Cup.
- In February 2018, he joined the Netherlands cricket team for the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier as a replacement for the injured Stephan Myburgh. In June 2018, he was selected for the Netherlands’ Twenty20 International (T20I) team for the 2018 Netherlands Tri-Nation Series.
- Bas de Leede made his T20I debut on 12 June 2018 against Ireland. In July 2018, he was chosen for the Netherlands’ One Day International (ODI) team for a series against Nepal. He played his first ODI match against Nepal on 1 August 2018.
- In July 2019, Bas de Leede was chosen to play for the Rotterdam Rhinos in the Euro T20 Slam cricket tournament; however, the tournament was cancelled the following month.
- In his leisure time, he likes travelling to distant places.
- Thereafter, De Leede was included in the Dutch team for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in September 2021.
- In August 2022, it was announced that De Leede would be playing in the new ILT20 competition for the MI Emirates team. Bas played a single match for the MI Emirates team in 2023. In that match, he scored two runs but did not have the opportunity to bowl.
- Bas de Leede’s cousin, Babbette, is a professional cricket player. She plays as a wicketkeeper batter for the Netherlands women’s cricket team. Babbette is six years younger than Bas.
- During the Super 12 match between Pakistan and Netherlands at the T20 World Cup 2022 on 30 October 2022, Pakistani fast bowler Haris Rauf delivered a bouncer that hit Netherlands’ batsman Bas de Leede on his helmet. The impact caused De Leede to sustain an injury, resulting in a deep cut below his right eye. The game was momentarily paused as medical professionals attended to de Leede’s injury on the field.
- Bas de Leede likes to enjoy alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- During his County Championship debut in May 2023, De Leede’s father, travelled from the Netherlands to watch his son play in the County Championship. Tim also joined the commentary team. During an interview with a media house, Bas stated that he was happy that his father saw him while taking his first wicket. Bas said,
I’m happy that he got to see my first wicket.”