Hometown: Rajnagar, Ghaziabad
Age: 34 Years
Wife: Priyanka Chaudhary
|Full Name||Suresh Kumar Raina|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 30 July 2005 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 26 July 2010 against Sri Lanka at Colombo
T20 - 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
|Last Match||ODI- 17 July 2018 against England at Headingley
Test- 6 January 2015 against Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground
T20- 8 July 2018 against England at County Ground
|International Retirement||15 August 2020 CricBuzz|
|Coach/Mentor||Deepak Sharma, SP Krishnan|
|Jersey Number||#3 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Chennai Super Kings, Gujarat Lions, India Blue, Uttar Pradesh|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian cricketer to score a century in all 3 formats (Tests, ODIs, T20s).
• Second youngest player to be selected as the Indian skipper.
• Has played the most number of ODIs before making his test debut, which is a record.
• First Player to score 3000 runs in the IPL.
• First cricketer to score 400+ runs in all the editions of the Indian Premier League (till IPL 9-2016).
• First Indian and second in the world to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
• Third batsman in the world to score a century in T20 International; the other two being Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle.
|Career Turning Point||At the age of 15, Raina was spotted by Indian selectors when he was playing for Uttar Pradesh under-16s and was drafted to India's under-19 tour of England where he scored 2 half-centuries.|
|Date of Birth||27 November 1986|
|Age (as of 2020)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Rajnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Government Sports College, Lucknow|
|Family||Father: Tirlokchand Raina (Retired army officer)
Mother: Parvesh Raina
Brothers: Naresh Raina, Mukesh Raina, Dinesh Raina (All elder)
Sister: Renu Raina (Elder)
|Address||Sector 11, Rajnagar, Ghaziabad
C-27, Sector 50, Noida
|Hobbies||Travelling, snorkelling, water sports, paragliding|
|Controversies||• In 2012, a sarcastic tweet was directed to the Pakistan cricket team, who were ousted from the tournament after their loss to Sri Lanka in the semi-finals, "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!." Soon after, this tweet was deleted after it was condemned on Twitter. Raina came up with a clarification on twitter and put the blame on his nephew for it by tweeting "Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I'm a sportsman and would never disrespect". Though I already deleted it, I felt it's better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I'm sorry. I'm not one to show disrespect."
• On 20 June 2013, former IPL chief Lalit Modi alleged that Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo had taken bribes from a bookie who was also a builder, while they were playing for Chennai Super Kings.
• During the 2016 T20 World Cup, he found himself in the middle of a match-fixing controversy on the eve of India's World T20 semi-final match against West Indies in Mumbai. According to reports, Suresh Raina was earlier being investigated by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on possible involvement in match-fixing, after being seen with a woman, who is known to be a close associate of a bookie.
• On late Monday night of 2 December 2020, Raina was arrested along with singer Guru Randhawa, Hrithik Roshan's ex-wife Sussanne Khan, and seven staff members of a club in Mumbai by Mumbai police for violating COVID-19 norms. Later, all were released on bail. Following the incident, Raina issued a statement that reads, "Suresh was in Mumbai for a shoot which extended to late hours and was invited by a friend for a quick dinner post the same prior to him taking his flight back to Delhi. He was not aware of the local timings and protocols. Once pointed out, he immediately complied with the procedures laid out by the authorities and regrets the unfortunate and unintentional incident. He always holds rules and laws laid down by governing bodies with the highest regard and will continue to do so in the future as well." India Today
|Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni
Bowler: Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee
|Cricket Ground||M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
|Cricket Commentators||Ravi Shastri, Nasser Hussain|
|Actresses||Sonali Bendre, Jessica Alba|
|Films||Bollywood: Sholay, Kai Po Che, Iqbal
Hollywood: Fault In Our Stars, Cast Away
|Musicians||Kishore Kumar, Mohit Chauhan, Maroon 5, Band of Brothers|
|Song||"Sukoon Mila" from the film Mary Kom|
|Food||Aloo Kadhi, Tunde kebab|
|Restaurants||Bukhara in Delhi
Thai Pavillion in Mumbai
|Destination||Italy, Greece, Ibiza|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Poorna Patel (daughter of politician Praful Patel, rumour)
Shruti Hassan (Actress, rumour)
|Wife/Spouse||Priyanka Chaudhary (m.2015-present)
|Marriage Date||3 April 2015
|Children||Daughter- Gracia Raina
|Cars collection||Porsche Boxster, Mini Cooper
|Salary (as of 2016)||RETAINER FEE: Rs 50 lakh ($95,000)
TEST FEE: Rs 300,000
ODI FEE: Rs 200,000
T20 FEE: Rs 150,000
|Net Worth||$25 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Raina
- Does Suresh Raina smoke?: No
- Raina belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family from Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir.
- He spent much of his childhood in hostel staying away from home.
- He was the skipper of the Under-16 Uttar Pradesh team.
- He has a habit of collecting his cricket bats and till now he has collected 250+ bats, including his first bat which was gifted by his father in 1998.
- He played his first Ranji Trophy game at the age of 16.
- On his ODI debut in 2005, he was dismissed for a ‘Golden Duck’ against Sri Lanka.
- During an ODI match against West Indies in the Tri-Series 2013, Raina and Ravindra Jadeja had a spat after Raina failed to take Sunil Narine’s catch on two occasions.
- He scored a century on his Test debut.
- He has never missed out on a single match for ‘Chennai Super Kings.’
- He has sung the song “Tu Mili Sab Mila” for a 2015 Bollywood film ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters.’
- He can play saxophone (woodwind instruments).
- He tied the nuptial knots with his childhood friend Priyanka Chowdhary.
- If he wasn’t a cricketer, he would have been a Basketball player.
- On 15 August 2020, he joined Mahendra Singh Dhoni when he took to his Instagram account to announce his retirement from all formats of international cricket.