|Real Name||Benjamin Andrew Stokes|
|Nickname||Stokesy, The Hurt Locker, Rocky|
|Profession||England Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 5 December 2013 vs Australia against Adelaide
ODI- 25 August 2011 vs Ireland against Dublin
T20- 23 September 2011 vs West Indies against London
|Jersey Number||#67 (England )
#55 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||New Zealand, Durham, England, England Lions, England XI, Melbourne Renegades|
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman (85 balls) against New Zealand in the 1st Test at Lord's in 2015.
• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman and second fastest in the world (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town in 2015.
• Holds the joint record with Peter Parfitt for the most Test tons by England left-handers from 6 to 11 position.
• 9th ever England cricketer to hit more than 3 centuries and take more than 40 wickets in Tests.
• He and Jonny Bairstow holds the highest 6th wicket stand of 399 runs in a Test match against South Africa.
|Career Turning Point||2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.|
|Date of Birth||4 June 1991|
|Age (as in 2017)||26 Years|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Gerard Stokes
Mother- Deborah Stokes
Brother- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to music, driving|
|Controversies||During an ODI match against Australia in 2015, Ben Stokes became the 6th batsman, and 1st England player, to be given out obstructing the field.
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Kevin Pietersen
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Girls, Family & More|
Sons- Layton and 1 more
|Salary (as in 2016)||Retainer Fee: £700,000
Test Fee: £12,000
ODI Fee: £5,000
T20 Fee: £2,500
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Stokes
- Does Ben Stokes smoke?: No
- Does Ben Stokes drink alcohol?: Yes
- Stokes is a New Zealander by origin.
- His family migrated from New Zealand to northern England f in 2003, when he was 12 years old.
- He made a sensation in 2015 by hitting the 2nd fastest Test century (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town, fastest was by Nathan Astle (153 balls).
- His father Gerald was a rugby league player and coach who represented New Zealand in international Rugby Leagues.
- His mother Deborah was a renowned cricketer in New Zealand.
- His parents resettled in New Zealand in 2013, whereas he lives in England.
- He had a forgettable year 2014 as he scored 0, 5, 5, 4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0 ,0 runs in 10 Test innings.
- He likes to have tattoos. A motivational tattoo on his left arm reads, “Being the best that you can be is only possible if you desire to be a champion and your fear of failure is non-existent.” Another tattoo on his right forearm is an image of a phoenix.
- In 2017, he became the highest paid overseas player in the IPL auction with the whooping amount of INR 14.5 crore ($2.16 million) by Rising Pune Supergiants.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡