Wife: Clare Ratcliffe
Age: 31 Years
Hometown: Christchurch, New Zealand
|Full Name||Benjamin Andrew Stokes|
|Nickname(s)||Stokesy, The Hurt Locker, Rocky|
|Profession||England Cricketer (all-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|International Debut||Test- 5 December 2013 vs Australia against Adelaide
ODI- 25 August 2011 vs Ireland against Dublin
T20- 23 September 2011 vs West Indies against London
|International Retirement||On 18 July 2022, he announced his retirement from ODI cricket. While announcing his retirement from the limited overs format, Ben Stokes said, "I will play my last game for England in ODI cricket on Tuesday in Durham. I have decided to retire from this format. This has been an incredibly tough decision to make. I have loved every minute of playing with my mates for England. We have had an incredible journey on the way." The Hindu|
|Last ODI||On 19 July 2022 against South Africa in Durham|
|Jersey Number||#67 (England )
#55 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||New Zealand, Durham, England, England Lions, England XI, Melbourne Renegades|
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman (85 balls) against New Zealand in the 1st Test at Lord's in 2015.
• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman and second fastest in the world (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town in 2015.
• Holds the joint record with Peter Parfitt for the most Test tons by England left-handers from 6 to 11 position.
• 9th ever England cricketer to hit more than 3 centuries and take more than 40 wickets in Tests.
• He and Jonny Bairstow holds the highest 6th wicket stand of 399 runs in a Test match against South Africa.
|Career Turning Point||2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.|
|Date of Birth||4 June 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Hometown||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Family||Father- Gerard Stokes
Mother- Deborah Stokes
|Hobbies||Listening to music, driving|
|Controversies||During an ODI match against Australia in 2015, Ben Stokes became the 6th batsman, and 1st England player, to be given out obstructing the field.
|Cricketers||Batsman: Kevin Pietersen
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Girls, Family & More|
Sons- Layton and 1 more
|Salary (as of 2016)||Retainer Fee: £700,000
Test Fee: £12,000
ODI Fee: £5,000
T20 Fee: £2,500
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Stokes
- Does Ben Stokes smoke?: No
- Does Ben Stokes drink alcohol?: Yes
- Stokes is a New Zealander by origin.
- His family migrated from New Zealand to northern England f in 2003, when he was 12 years old.
- He made a sensation in 2015 by hitting the 2nd fastest Test century (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town, the fastest was by Nathan Astle (153 balls).
- His father Gerald was a rugby league player and coach who represented New Zealand in the international Rugby Leagues.
- His mother Deborah was a renowned cricketer in New Zealand.
- His parents resettled in New Zealand in 2013, whereas he lives in England.
- He had a forgettable year 2014 as he scored 0, 5, 5, 4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0 ,0 runs in 10 Test innings.
- He likes to have tattoos. A motivational tattoo on his left arm reads, “Being the best that you can be is only possible if you desire to be a champion and your fear of failure is non-existent.” Another tattoo on his right forearm is an image of a phoenix.
- In 2017, he became the highest-paid overseas player in the IPL auction with the whopping amount of INR 14.5 crore ($2.16 million) by Rising Pune Supergiants.
- In January 2020, he was named “ICC Cricketer of the Year.”
- On 26 August 2022, a documentary film titled ‘Ben Stokes: Phoenix from the Ashes’ premiered on Amazon Prime. In the documentary, made by British filmmaker Sam Mendes, Ben Stokes opened up on one of the most vulnerable phases of his life and reiterated the importance of mental health support.