Some lesser known facts about Kevin Pietersen
- Does Kevin Pietersen smoke?: No
- Does Kevin Pietersen drink alcohol?: Yes
- Pietersen is a South African by origin but shifted to England in 2000 to show his protest against racial quota system in South Africa and initially played there for Cancock CC in Birmingham.
- He had a dream Test debut in Ashes series against Australia in 2005, where his aggressive batting performance helped England reclaim the Ashes after 1986.
- He uses his famous Switch-hit shot from his schooling days when he used to play hockey.
- He regrets having so many English tattoos which he had when he initially came to England.
- He tends to get nervous while waiting for his batting and use to go for “nature’s call” every 5 minutes in those nervous times.
- After his too many side screen issues during the 2013 Ashes, he had a heated argument with Mitchell Johnson.
- Based on his outstanding performance in 2005 and 6th fastest to reach 1000 ODI runs, he won the Emerging player of the year Award and ODI player of the year Award.
- In 2004, he played in the 2003-04 Duleep Trophy in India for England A or England Lions.
- His favourite song is We Weren’t Born to Follow by Bon Jovi.
- He is only behind Sir Don Bradman in aggregate runs in his first 25 Tests.
- He loves having tattoos and one of his tattoo on his rib area shows a map of the world, with red stars indicating where he has scored hundreds.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡