Some Lesser Known Facts About Carrie Fisher
- Does Carrie Fisher smoke: Yes
- Does Carrie Fisher drink alcohol: Yes
- Carrie was only 2 years old when her parents got divorced. Reportedly, her father deserted the family after falling in love with her mother’s close friend, Elizabeth Taylor.
- The following year, her mother married Harry Karl, the owner of a shoe-store chain in Beverly Hills.
- According to her relatives, Carrie was a complete bookworm. With avid interests in English literature and Poetry, she spent a lot of time reading and writing. However, owing to her acting career, she could not complete her high school.
- As an actor, she is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy; The Blues Brothers, Hannah and Her Sisters, The Burbs and When Harry Met Sally are some of her popular films.
- Also a novelist, Carrie Fisher wrote a number of books viz. Postcards from the Edge (1987), Surrender the Pin (1980), Wishful Drinking (2008), Shockaholic (2011), etc. Notably, ‘Postcards from the Edge’ became her best-selling novel.
- Paul Simon’s song “Hearts and Bones” is about his relationship with Carrie.
- She had a love-hate relationship with George Lucas, a renowned film-maker. In her bestselling memoir and one-woman show, Wishful Drinking, Fisher tells her readers, “George Lucas ruined my life.”
- Carrie smoked pot at the age of 13, used LSD by 21 and had a big “weakness” for cocaine. In an interview, when asked about her drug addiction, she said that in order to deal with her bipolar disorder, it became more of a necessity for her.
- She even has drugs named after her or more appropriately after her Star Wars character- Princess Leia. Fisher discovered there is a marijuana called Princess Leia, when her daughter’s boyfriend tried to get a discount.
- Fisher had also voiced Peter Griffin’s boss, Angela, on the animated sitcom Family Guy.
- In her latest memoir ‘The Princess Diarist’, Fisher revealed that she and Harrison Ford had a secret relationship during the filming of Star Wars.
- On December 23, 2016, while on a flight from London to Los Angeles, Fisher went into cardiac arrest fifteen minutes before touchdown. A passenger performed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) until paramedics arrived. Carrie was then taken to a hospital where she was put on a ventilator. Unfortunately, after a 4-day hard fought battle, she succumbed to death.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography