Some Lesser Known Facts About Charu Nigam
- She was born in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- In the late 1980s, her family shifted to New Delhi as her father got a job with DDA as an Engineer.
- She did her schooling from New Delhi.
- Her father did his engineering from IIT Roorkee.
- She cracked IIT Entrance Test. However, she got poor ranking in IIT with 6.2 CGPA.
- Her father wanted her to become a Civil Servant. She too had an interest in public service.
- She started preparing for the State Services. However, her father wanted her to appear in the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examination.
- She gave her first attempt for UPSC in 2010. However, she couldn’t get success in the Examination.
- In 2011, her father died and she fell into depression.
- After a gap of one year, she again attempted the UPSC Examination in 2012 and cleared the examination with All India Rank of 586. She got IPS with UP Cadre.
- After completing her training from “Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy” in Hyderabad, Charu got her first posting as ASP (Assistant Superintendent of Police) at the Barua Sagar Thana in Jhansi.
- While in Jhansi, she won the heart of public with her daredevil attitude by curbing the illegal activities of landmine Mafia in the Chambal area of Jhansi within 4 months of her posting.
- In 2016, she was posted in Gorakhpur as CO-City.
- On 8 May 2017, Radha Mohan Das Aggarwal (an MLA of BJP from Karim Nagar Constituency in Gorakhpur), misbehaved with Charu Nigam on the pretext that she forcefully dispersed the local public (mostly women) while they were protesting against a liquor shop. In the media footage, she was seen wiping her tears and after the incident, she posted on her Facebook account- “I am not weak because I had tears in my eyes. It was due to the tenderness associated with women.” In another post, she said- “My training has not taught me to be weak. I just did not expect that SP city Ganesh Saha sir would outrightly reject the irrational argument and talk about my injury.”
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography