Wife: Sangeeta Rathod
Age: 58 Years
|Other Name(s)||Casserole King Economic Times|
|Profession(s)||Businessman (Chairman of Cello World)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Age (as of 2023)||58 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sangeeta Rathod (part of the Promoter Group of Cello’s Wim Plast Ltd)
|Children||Son- Gaurav Rathod (Joint Managing Director of Cello)
Daughter- Karishma Rathod (Non-Executive Director of Cello’s Wim Plast Ltd)
|Parents||Father- Ghisulal Dhanraj Rathod (founder of Cello World) (deceased)
Mother- Pampubenji Rathod
|Siblings||Brother- Pankaj Rathod (Joint Managing Director of Cello)
|Net Worth (approx.)||In 2023, Pradeep Rathod's 44% ownership in Cello World reached a value of $1 billion (Rs 8,239 crore), marking his inclusion in India's billionaire category. Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pradeep Rathod
- Pradeep Rathod is a billionaire businessman. He is the Joint Managing Director and Chairman of Cello World.
- Rathod was born into a Jain family, coming from Sadri town in the Pali district of Rajasthan. Shatabdi Gaurav
- Having joined the company at the age of 18, he is an integral part of the Cello was initially established by his father, Ghisulal Rathod, in Mumbai in 1962. He is often recognized as the Casserole King by the media as Cello that gained prominence for its high-quality casseroles. Originally focused on the production of PVC footwear and bangles, Cello World diversified its offerings in the late 1980s by entering the casserole market. The inspiration for this expansion came from Ghisulal Rathod’s trip to the United States, where he observed the use of small, round-shaped plastic containers to retain the warmth of perishable items. Upon returning to India, Ghisulal introduced casseroles to the domestic market, marking a significant shift in the company’s product line. In addition to casseroles, Cello World boasts a diverse product portfolio spanning three key categories: consumer houseware, writing instruments and stationery, and molded furniture and related products. In 2017, the company further expanded its reach by entering the glassware and opal ware business.
- On 7 October 1988, he took up the position of managing director at Wim Plast Ltd, a company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) known for manufacturing plastic furniture under the Cello brand. He is also a key promoter of Wim Plast Ltd.
- On 18 April 1990, he became the director of Sunkist Moulders Private Limited.
- On 21 January 1991, he took on another director role at Cello International Private Limited.
- In 2006, he became the director of Cello Infrastructure, and in 2008, he took on director roles at two more companies: Cello Capital and Cello Pens And Stationery.
- He’s also a director in other companies like R & T Houseware, Unomax Pens And Stationery, Unomax Sales And Marketing, and Deepgaurav Multitrade.
- Cello World made its debut in the stock market on 6 November 2023, with a market value exceeding Rs 16,800 crore ($2.2 billion). As the stock experienced a 22% rise on its debut, Pradeep Rathod, the chief promoter of the company, achieved billionaire status. The value of Rathod’s 44% ownership in the company reached $1 billion (Rs 8,239 crore). Collectively, the Rathods maintain a slightly over 78% stake in the company.
- A philanthrope, Rathod is actively involved as a trustee in the Badamia Charitable Trust, dedicated to social and philanthropic initiatives. Additionally, he serves as the president of the JITO Administrative Training Foundation. He holds a directorship in the Tattva Foundation, an organization focused on equitable society, public health, and school education.
- In 2018, he became a recepient of the Best Entrepreneur Award at Maharashtra Achievers’ Award.
- He is a director of the Organization of Plastics Processors of India (OPPI), which was established in 1984 to promote the healthy growth of the plastics processing industry in India.