|Real Name||Arvind Panagariya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Date of Birth||30 September 1952|
|Age (as in 2016)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Jaipur, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|College||University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Princeton University, New Jersey, United States
|Educational Qualifications||M.A. in Economics, Rajasthan University, India,
Ph.D. in Economics Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
|Family||Father- Balu Lal Panagariya
Mother- Mohan Kumari
Brothers- Ashok Pangariya and 1 more
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening old hindi songs, reading, writing|
|Controversies||• In 2012, he was criticized for his statement, "Indian children were underweight not because of poor nutrition, but due to genetic differences".
|Favourite Food||Dal Baati Churma|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arvind Panagariya
- Does Arvind Panagariya smoke?: No
- Does Arvind Panagariya drink alcohol?: No
- His father, Balu Lal Panagariya, was born in poverty and had to fight at every step to educate himself.
- In an interview, Arvind Panagariya said, “my father was an orphan at a young age.”
- Arvind’s father built the family house on the outskirts of the Jaipur city as he could not afford a house in the main city.
- His mother could not read/write, but education was given paramount importance in the Panagariya family.
- Arvind Panagariya was the youngest of the 3 sons and had to walk miles to attend a Hindi-medium school.
- His father wanted him to become an IAS officer.
- He has served as an economist at a number of renowned institutions of the world like ex-Chief Economist at the Asian Development Bank, Professor of Economics at Columbia University, Professor of economics and co-director, Center for International Economics, the University of Maryland at College Park. He also worked for the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development and the World Trade Organization in various capacities.
- He has written a dozen books along-with economist, Jagdish Bhagwati. His book, “India: The Emerging Giant,” published in March 2008, has been described as one of the most informative books on the Indian Economy.
- Arvind Panagariya is an editor of the India Policy Forum (a Journal), published by the National Council for Applied Economic Research, New Delhi and the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
- He writes columns for a number of magazines/journals/newspapers like The Hindu, The Economic Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Outlook, India Today, etc.
- He also features for the show “Transforming India with Arvind Panagariya” in Bloomberg TV India.
- He was appointed as Vice-Chairman of National Institute for Transforming India Aayog (NITI Aayog) on 5th January 2015.
- In 2016, he was considered a front-runner for the post of RBI Governor after Raghuram Rajan. However, the post finally went to Urjit Patel.
- On 1 August, he resigned from the post of Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog. He will be returning to the United States to rejoin academia. His last day in office will be August 31.
- He submitted a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, requesting to be relieved by the end of the month.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡