Some Lesser Known Facts About Chhavi Bhardwaj
- She was born into a well-to-do family; both of her parents have also been government employees.
- She always wanted to be a part of the administrative services.
- After completing her graduation, she started preparing for the civil services and got selected for the Indian Administrative Service. She started her journey as an Assistant Collector in 2008.
- In 2013, she was appointed as a collector for the first time in Dindori district of Madhya Pradesh. Before her joining, almost 15 officers had been appointed there in the last 17 years. No one stayed there for a long time for various reasons.
- After just one month of her joining in Dindori, she became a news sensation when she filed an FIR against the Chief Municipal Officer (CMO) of the area for offering 50,000 rupees to bribe her.
- In an interview, Chhavi said, “It was a great pleasure for me to work in Dindori for more than 2 years. I had a great bond with Dindori’s people, and I am going to keep all the memories of my Dindori posting with me for life-long not just as an officer but as a person too.”
- During her Dindori posting, she used to start her daily schedule quite early. She is described as a disciplined and organized person. Throughout her service period in Dindori, she made various improvements in the area from education to social development.
- In April 2016, she was appointed as a Municipal Commissioner in Bhopal. She followed the Smart City campaign of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi so well that Bhopal got the second position for the cleanest city in India in Swachh Survekshan 2018.
- In 2018, she was transferred to Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh) where she became the first woman collector of the city.
- She is famous as a corruption-buster IAS officer.
- She wrote her first book “Like a Bird on the Wire.” She had written the book during her Dindori posting but couldn’t give it a proper ending due to the shortage of time. The book is based on the incomplete love stories of IAS officers and also represents the challenges and political pressure the officers have to face.
- After the launch of this book, she became the first IAS officer to write a book on IAS officers’ lives.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)