Father: Akulamannada Chilakamarri Venkatacharyulu
Religion: Sri Vaishnavism
Age: 66 Years
|Birth name||Arthamuri Sriman Narayana Charyulu|
|Name given||Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swami|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Honours||2023: Honoured with the Padma Bhushan Award by the Government of India under the ‘Others-Spiritualism’ category
|Date of Birth||3 November 1956 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Arthamuru village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign||• Scorpio (according to his date of birth)
• Libra (according to his official website)
|School||Sri Gowthami Vidya Petam Oriental High School in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh|
|Religion||He follows the Thenkalai tradition of Sri Vaishnavism, which is a denomination within the Vaishnavism tradition of Hinduism. The name refers to goddess Lakshmi and the god Vishnu, who are together revered in this tradition.
|Controversies||• Commenting on tribal deities 'Sammakka-Saralamma'
Reportedly, in 2022, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi supporters seemed to be angry with Chinna Jeeyar Swamy for being disrespectful towards chief minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao during the inauguration of the Ramanujacharya statue, unveiled by Narendra Modi at the Muchintal Ashram, where K. Chandrasekhar Rao's name was removed from the plaque. Due to this reason, Rao stayed away from the inaugural event and also the concluding ceremony and displayed his disappointment from Jeeyar Swamy. Later, a video of Chinna Swamy was surfaced online in which he was seen criticising the tribal deities Sammakka-Saralamma. In the video, he was seen calling the goddesses “just forest gods" and said,
"It is unfortunate that even politicians and big business people are running after these cheap deities."
Reportedly, Chinna Jeeyar's comments impacted Adivasi community's sentiments following which the association filed a complaint against Chinna Jeeyar Swamy at the Chikkadpally police station in Hyderabad. The Siasat Daily
The surfacing of the viral video on Jeeyar Swamy’s comments against Sammakka-Saralamma led to the suspicion, by Swamy's team, that it was intentionally leaked by some political groups.
Several Adivasi and tribal associations demanded Chinna Jeeyar Swamy to apologise for his comments and said, GreatAndhra
"He has insulted lakhs of tribals."
In an interview, while addressing this situation, Chinna Jeeyar said,
"Vikasa Tarangini trust has probably done more for the Adivasi community than any other trust in India and they don’t discriminate on the basis of religion or caste. I might have said something, but I wouldn’t say it today. I might have said it about 20 years ago."
• Hateful remarks for non-vegetarians
On 17 January 2022, leaders of several organisations including Kula Vivaksha Porata Samiti, Telangana Vidyavanthula Vedika, Inti Party, Madiga Reservation Porata Samiti, Yerukala Sangam who grieve for the SC/ST issues petitioned Nalgonda Town-II police to arrest Chinna Jeeyar Swamy after he allegedly mocked the eating habits of certain communities in a video. This viral video had Chinna Swamy laughing and saying,
If you eat pork, you would only think like a pig. If you eat mutton, you would only follow the herd like a goat as your own brain stops working. If you take eggs, you would only behave like a chicken - peck in the dirt, place to place, and eat from it." The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not known|
|Parents||Father- Akulamannada Chilakamarri Venkatacharyulu
Mother- Akulamannada Chilakamarri Alivelu Manga Thayaru
|Siblings||Chinna Jeeyar has three sisters and a brother.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji
- Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji is an Indian religious and humanitarian leader, philosopher, and also one of the youngest acharyas of India known to have mastered the various branches of Vedic Dharma. He is widely popular for promoting peace and harmony through his propagation of yoga, meditation, and spiritual & ancient wisdom.
- According to his official website, he was born on the occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights in India.
- Jeeyar took training in the Vaishnava tradition from his grandfather, Pedda Jeeyar Swamy.
- In 1981, after his grandfather passed away, Chinna Jeeyar welcomed Asceticism and became an ascetic at the age of 23 following which he became the head of Srimad Ubhaya Vedantha Acharya Peetam in Nadigadapalem, a village in Andhra Pradesh.
- After the demise of his father, Chinna Jeeyar began saving money for his family.
- After he became an ascetic, his name was changed to Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swami. Chinna Jeeyar Swamy carries the Tridanda (three sticks) with him everywhere he goes as anybody who has abode the Tridandi Sanyasa carry them.
- He promotes world peace and harmony through the propagation of yoga, meditation, and spiritual and ancient wisdom.
- According to his official website, Chinna Jeeyar Swamy has never denied requests of people who wished to see him, even if it was at midnight.
- He has performed thousands of Samasrayanas or Pancha Samskaras (meaning five purifications).
- In today’s world, Chinna Jeeyar believes that “modern social services” means providing education to underprivileged children and shelter for the elderly, handicapped, and foster homes for orphans.
- He often practices Vedic rituals such as yajnas and homams, which according to him benefit humanity’s prosperity and welfare. He has enlisted youngsters to propagate the message of Sri Ramanuja, an Indian Hindu philosopher, guru and social reform, and has given discourses on a variety of subjects.
- In 1982, he founded his own non-profit organization under the name Jeeyar Educational Trust.
- The organisation has provided many charitable and humanitarian services to the downtrodden within India and internationally as well.
- With Jeeyar Educational Trust (JET), Chinna Jeeyar Swamy has established several schools, which specialise in Vedic research. These schools provide scholarships to many Vedic scholars. Later, Jeeyar Educational Trust opened its branch in many Indian cities including Hyderabad (1983), Narayankund in Nepal (1985), Rajahmundry in India (1991), and Madras in India (1993). Later, the JET expanded its branches across several countries including the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States of America.
- In 1984, Chinna Jeeyar Swamy established Jeeyar Educational Trust Vedic University. The school is situated on the Southern banks of the river Krishna in Sitanagaram, Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh.
- On 3 May 1987, he founded Pancharathra Agama school in Jagayyapeta, Andhra Pradesh.
- In 1992, he established another non-profit service organisation Vikasa Tarangini, which provides free education to the blind and underprivileged tribal and fishermen kids. The organisation also delivers several health care services including free cancer screening camps for women, medical treatments, and disaster relief activities along with other facilities such as pure drinking water, clothes and free food services, and animal welfare camps.
- In 2001, he founded NethraVidyalaya, a residential school, in a scenic coastal district of Vishakapatnam for visually impaired children.
- Students from NethraVidyalaya have sung on the “PaduthaThiyaga” platform, a very popular Telugu TV show and received medals from great personalities such as S P Balasubramanium. NethraVidyalaya students have excelled in many indoor and outdoor games including coco, caroms and cricket, and won several Paralympic gold and silver medals.
- Being a sanyasi, Tridandi Chinna Jeeyar Swamy asserted that he had no bank account in his name and he maintained a distance from politics. The New Indian Express
- Chinna Jeeyar Swamy performed Maha Yajna with 1008 kundas at Tirumala hills, which is said to have echoed through seven hills. The 108 Sri Rama Krathus were started by Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji (his grandfather) but after he attained Siddhi, Chinna Jeeyar Swamy completed them and fulfilled their Acharya’s desire.
- In February 2013, Chinna Jeeywar Swamy established Jeeyar Integrative Medical Services (JIMS) Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital with modern diagnostic facilities and inpatient and outpatient departments near the Hyderabad-Bengaluru highway.
- He is an ardent follower of Ramanujacharya, who is an Indian Hindu philosopher, guru, and social reformer.
- He is fluent in Tamil and English languages.
- He is one of the few Jiyars who also accept non-brahmin disciples.
- Chinna Jeeyar maintained that he and his disciples never speak ill of women because they come from a tradition where women are always given priority.
- In 2022, Narendra Modi unveiled the 216-foot metal statue of Ramanuja Charya Swami on the occasion of the 1000th birth anniversary of Ramanuja Charya Swami in Hyderabad. The statue was planned, designed, and installed on Chinna Jeeywar Swamy’s advice.
- On 4 March 2017, Natalie Suleyman, an Australian politician, attended Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji’s Maha Yajna/Sri Yagam event on behalf of Daniel Andrews, an Australian politician, and Robin Scott, a former Australian politician. The event was organized by Jeeyar Educational Trust Australia Foundation.
- On 18 June 2017, Wesley Paul Streeting, a British Labour Party politician, along with hundreds of devotees attended a Sri Yagam event, which was organized by the Jeeyar Educational Trust UK in London, United Kingdom.