Age: 39 Years
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Education: Masters In Performing Arts
|Famous Role||"Mrs. Park" in the "Parasite (2019)"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height High Entertainment- Artist Profile||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Agency||• Didim 531 Entertainment (till 2013)
• Neos Entertainment
• High Entertainment (current)
|Debut||As a Host: Ppo Ppo Ppo (1997) as 'Youngest Ppomi Sister'
K-drama: Three Men Three Women (1998)
Film: A Perfect Match (2002) as 'Min-ah"
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2020: Screen Actors Guild Awards - Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for the film "Parasite"
• 2020: Critics Choice Awards - Best Acting Ensemble for the film "Parasite"
• 2019: Chicago Film Critics Association Awards - Best Supporting Actress for the film "Parasite"
• 2014: Korean Association of Film Critics Awards - Best Supporting Actress for the film "Obsessed"
• 2013: SBS Entertainment Awards - Popularity Award for the show "Law of the Jungle in Caribbean/Maya Jungle"
• 2011: Style Icon Awards - SIAs Discovery
Blue Dragon Film Awards
• 2019: Best Actress for the film "Parasite"
• 2010: Popular Star Award for the film "Servant"
KBS Drama Awards
• 2019: Top Excellence Award, Best Actress for "Woman of 9.9 Billion"
• 2017: Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama "Perfect Wife"
• 2016: Excellence Award, Actress in a One-act Drama for "Babysitter"
|Date of Birth||19 February 1981 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hometown||Seoul, South Korea|
|School||Bundang Daejin High School, Seongnam, South Korea
|College/University||Dongguk University Seoul Campus, South Korea|
|Educational Qualification||• Major in Theatre Arts from Dongguk University Seoul Campus, South Korea
• Masters in Performing Arts from Dongguk University Seoul Campus, South Korea
|Blood Group||AB Korean Film Council|
|Hobbies||Exercising, Reading, Cooking
|Controversies||• In 2018, a case relating to fraud allegations on Cho's father surfaced the media. Reportedly, Mr A lent an amount of 300 million won (Rs. 1.77 crores) to Cho's father. Mr A contacted Yeo-jeong's agency, High Entertainment to contact Yeo-jeong to inform her about his financial damage. After the news broke, High Entertainment released an official statement apologizing to Mr A for irresponsible action of Cho's father; promising to sort out the matter as a soon as possible. Later, Yeo-jeong met Mr A and apologized to his family; giving her words that she would return the money to them. Korea Daily
• In 2013, she began having contact with Spring Entertainment, even though her contract with her agency, Didim 531 hadn't expired. Hence, Korean Entertainment Management Association banned Spring Entertainment from the association for two years and prevented her to sign a contract with the company. After her contract with Didim 531 expired, she signed a contract with Neos Entertainment. Soompi
|Relationships & More|
|Rap Artist||Kang Hee-gun|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cho Yeo-jeong
- Cho Yeo-jeong is a popular South Korean actress. She is famous for her roles in the films and television series, The Servant (2010), I Need Romance (2011), The Concubine (2012), Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies (2015), Beautiful World (2019), Woman of 9.9 Billion (2019), and Parasite (2019).
- Not much is known about her family. She is second-born of the four children of her parents. Due to financial reasons, her parents got divorced, and at present, Cho and her siblings are living with their mother.
- In 1997, at the age of 16, she began her career as a model and appeared on the cover of the then-popular South Korean magazine, CeCi.
- She has hosted the popular variety shows like Fairyland Ggumdongsan (2001), Girls on Top – Season 2 (2010), and O’live Beauty On-Air (2011).
- Cho made her acting debut with the show “Three Men Three Women” (1998 ) in an uncredited role and did the supporting roles in famous K-dramas, You Don’t Know My Mind (1999), Roll of Thunder (2000), Jang Hee-bin (2002), South of the Sun (2003), Terms of Endearment (2004), So In Love (2006), War of Money: The Original (2008), and The Road Home (2009).
- Cho made her breakthrough with the K-drama “I Need Romance” (2011) as ‘Sunwoo In-young’ and has starred in many hit Korean serials such as Lovers of Haeundae (2012), Divorce Lawyer in Love (2015), Love in the Moonlight (2016), Ms. Perfect (2017), Beautiful World (2019), and Woman of 9.9 Billion (2019).
- Apart from acting, she is also a good singer and sang the OST of her drama “I Need Romance” (2011): “Aegyo (Charm)” along with Kim Jeong-hoon (actor & singer). She has also sung “Winter Story” of Eyagi Entertainment’s Christmas single in 2011.
- Yeo-jeong has also participated in the famous reality shows such as 21st Century Committee (2001), Soulmates (2003), We Got Married – Season 1 (2008), Fox’s Butler (2010), Law of the Jungle in Caribbean/Maya Jungle (2013), and Surfing House (2019).
- She made her feature film debut with the film”A Perfect Match” (2002) as ‘Min-ah’ and went on to star in the film “Vampire Cop Ricky” (2006).
- In 2005, she acted in the musical theatre titled “Grease” in which, she played the lead role of ‘Sandy.’
- She rose to prominence with her role of an ambitious Joseon lower-caste woman, ‘Chun-hyang’ in the film “The Servant” (2010), and has appeared in the films, The Concubine (2012), The Target (2014), Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies (2015), and Parasite (2019).
- She has also written a book titled ‘Healing Beauty’ (2013), which focuses on Cho’s advice on health and beauty, and her journey as an actress over 16 years of her career.
- In 2019, she appeared in the music video of J. Y. Park’s hit song “Fever.”
- Her film, Parasite (2019), directed by Bong Joon-ho won Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 2019, and the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2020.
References/Sources: [ + ]