Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Age: 29 Years
Education: Major In Acting
|Birth name||Kim Jun-myeon|
|Other Name||SH2O, the name Suho uses as a lyricist|
|Nickname(s)||• Bunny- Exo-L's (Exo's fans) call him bunny with love
• Type to Get a Meet-the-Parents Free Pass Soompi
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, and Actor|
|Famous For||Being the lead vocalist and leader of South Korea's one of the biggest K-pop band's, Exo|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed copper, golden blonde, red, silver, light brown, light blonde, and more)|
|Debut||As a Member of Exo
Single: What Is Love (30 January 2012)
EP: Mama (2012)
Studio Album: XOXO (2013)
Single (Japanese): Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~ (2015)
Theatre: School Oz (2015)
Film (actor): One Way Trip (2016) as 'Sang-woo'
K-drama (actor): Exo Next Door (2015) as ‘Suho’ (the fictional version of himself)
EP: Self-Portrait (2020)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||As a Member of Exo
• BreakTudo Awards for K-Pop Male Group in 2019
• Star of Korean Tourism (Government of South Korea) in 2019
• Guinness World Record for Most Daesang ("Grand Prize") awards won at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in 2018
• Prime Minister's Commendation (Government of South Korea) in 2017
• Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation (Government of South Korea) in 2014
• World Music Award for World’s Best Selling Korean Artists in 2014
MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Korean Act in 2013
• Gaon Chart Music Awards
• Album of the Year (Daesang- 3rd Quarter) for ‘Miracles in December’ in 2014, ‘Sing for You’ in 2016, ‘Don’t Mess Up My Tempo’ in 2018 & ‘Obsession’ in 2020
• Album of the Year (Daesang- 3rd Quarter) for ‘XOXO’ in 2014, ‘Lotto’ in 2017
• Album of the Year (Daesang- 2nd Quarter) for ‘Overdose’ in 2015, ‘Love Me Right’ in 2016, ‘Ex’act’ in 2017
• Album of the Year (Daesang- 1st Quarter) for ‘Exodus’ in 2016
• Golden Disc Awards
• Disc Daesang for the albums ‘XOXO’ in 2014, ‘Overdose’ in 2014, ‘Exodus’ in 2016 & ‘Ex’Act’ in 2017
• Disc Bonsang for the albums ‘XOXO’ in 2014, ‘Overdose’ in 2014, ‘Exodus’ in 2016, ‘Ex’Act’ in 2017, ‘The War’ in 2018 & ‘Don’t Mess Up My Tempo’ in 2019
• Newcomer Award (Exo-K) in 2013
• Melon Music Awards
• Artist of the Year (Daesang ) in 2016 & 2017
• Album of the Year (Daesang) for “Exodus” in 2015
• Song of the Year (Daesang) for “Growl” in 2014
• Mnet Asian Music Awards
• Best Male Group in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
• Album of the Year Daesang for ‘XOXO’ in 2013, ‘Overdose’ in 2014, ‘Exodus’ in 2015, ‘Ex’Act in 2016, ‘War’ in 2017
• Artist of the Year Daesang in 2014
• Best New Asian Artist in 2012
• Seoul Music Awards
• Daesang in 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
• Bongsang in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
• New Artist Award in 2013
• Japan Gold Disc Awards
• New Artists of the Year (Asian) in 2016
• Best 3 New Artists in 2016
• Top Chinese Music Awards
• Best Overseas Group in 2016
• Best Popular Overseas Group in 2016
• Best Group in 2013
• SBS Gayo Daejon
• Top Ten Artists in 2014
• Best Male Group in 2014
• Best Album for ‘Overdose’ in 2014
Note: Apart from the awards mentions above, Exo has received other awards and nominations.
As a Solo Artist
• 7th Yegreen Musical Awards for Popularity (Male Actor) for ‘The Man Who Laughs’ in 2019
• Asia Culture Awards for Male Rookie Award for the ‘The Man Who Laughs’ in 2019
• 13th DIMF Awards - DIMF PR Ambassador in 2019
• JIMFF Awards for Discovery of the Year- Male Actor for ‘Middle School Girl A’ in 2019
• 4th International Film Festival & Awards Macao - Token of Appreciation in 2019
|Date of Birth||22 May 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hometown||Seoul, South Korea|
|School||Seoul Yunjung Elementary School
Whimoon High School, Seoul
Gaepo High School, Seoul
|College/University||• Korea National University of Arts, Seoul
• Kyung Hee Cyber University, Seoul
• Inha University, Icheon
|Educational Qualification||• Major in Drama from Korea National University of Arts, Seoul (dropped out in 2011)
• Bachelors from the Culture and Arts Department of Business Administration of Kyung Hee Cyber University, Seoul
• Masters from the Department of Cultural Management of Inha University, Icheon
|Religion||Buddhism Korea Herald|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Netflix & Playing Sports like Basketball and Golf|
• Name of Exo members and Exo-L inked on his back
• Exo on the side of his neck
|Controversies||• In 2018, during one of Sehun's Instagram live sessions, Suho commented ‘It's weird. People will think I'm a mentally ill patient’ when Sehun asked him to pose with him for the session. The commented landed him in a controversy as some of the fans took to their Twitter and YouTube accounts and expressed their dismay that he should have been careful of his words and that he might have hurt the feelings of the fans who suffer from mental illness. They also trended the hashtag #엑소_수호_비하발언_사과해, which translates to ‘Exo’s Suho apologize for your discriminatory comments.’ SBS Popasia|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Kim Young-ha (Professor and Politician)
Mother- Choi Tae-ryeon
|Siblings||Brother- Kim Dong-kyu (elder)
|Painter||Vincent van Gogh|
|Travel Destination(s)||Paris, Italy|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suho
- Suho’s father, Kim Young-ha is a Professor at the IT Finance Management Department of Soonchunhyang University, Seoul and also a politician. His father is also a former head of the Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- During his school days, Suho was a bright student and was one of the top 10 students of his class. He was nicknamed ‘Eom-chin-ah,’ the noun translates to ‘son of mother’s friend.’ The term signifies a person (male student) who is the focus of envy among others because of his academic success. Suho liked literature and Korean language during his school days.
- Once, his junior-senior high dancing club organized a dance contest at Olympic Park, Seoul; he was an audience. At the event, Suho was noticed by SM staff who recommended him to join their company. When he reached the third year of his senior high, at the age of 16, he gave auditions for SM and was selected.
- Suho was the first member of Exo to join the SM Entertainment. He trained in SM for almost six and a half years and was chosen as the tenth member of Exo.
- Before making his debut with Exo, he was seen as an extra in the film “Attack On The Pin-Up Boys.”
- Initially, Exo was a twelve-member group divided equally into two subgroups, Exo-K and Exo-M; Suho being a pat of Exo-K. Exo-K was responsible for promoting the band in South Korea and Exo-M was responsible for promoting the band in China.
- On 8 April 2012, the Exo-K made their stage debut on the music program Inkigayo with the song ‘Mama.’ The same day Exo-M made their stage debut at an award function in China.
- The song ‘Growl’ from their first studio album “XOXO” became an instant hit in and earned the band many laurels.
- Exo continued to be Exo-K and Exo-M until three of its members Luhan, Kris, and Tao left the band with some issues with the company. After this, Exo was united into a nine-member group.
- Exo has many hit albums and EPs, some of them are- XOXO (2013), Overdose (2014), Exodus (2015), Ex’Act (2016), The War (2017), Don’t Mess Up My Tempo (2018), Obsession (2019), and Countdown (2020).
- Growl, Overdose, Call Me Baby, Monster, Lotto, Ko Ko Bop, Power, Tempo, Love Shot, and Obsession are some of the hit singles of Exo.
- The band has Japanese singles like Coming Over, Electric Kiss, Drop That, TacTix, Run This, and Birds to its name.
- In 2013, Suho gave his voice in the Korean dub of the film “Saving Santa” to the lead character of the film “Bernard.”
- Apart from the film, One Way Trip (2016), he has also acted in the films Middle School Girl A (2018) and The Present (2019).
- Suho also appeared in cameo roles in the K-dramas, To The Beautiful You (2012) and Prime Minister & I (2014). The Universe’s Star (2017), Rich Man (2018), and How Are You Bread (2020) are some of his popular K-dramas.
- In 2015, he appeared on the show “Fluttering India/Exciting India ” (2015) as ‘himself.’ The show featured some of the biggest K-pop stars who turned reporters and explored various places in Mumbai. The show was aired on KBS Channel.
- In 2017, he was featured along with Xiumin, as a narrator in the documentary “Korea From Above.”
- He has also hosted the show SBS Inkigayo and has acted in the lead roles in the theatre plays, The Last Kiss (2017) and The Man Who Laughs (2018 & 2020).
- His band Exo was listed in Forbes Korea’s Power Celebrity from 2014 to 2019.
- Suho believes in the idea of ‘Su Hwak Haeng’ which means ‘guaranteed happiness that comes from small/trivial things.’ Even his Instagram bio mentions the phrase.
- After his EP ‘Self-Portrait’ was out, he also drew a self-portrait and uploaded it on his social media account. His self-portrait instantly went trending on Twitter.