|Full Name||Christopher Henry Gayle|
|Nickname(s)||Crampy, Gayleforce, Master Storm, GayleStorm, Universe Boss|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 95 kg
in pounds- 209 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 35 inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
|International Debut||Test- 16 March 2000 against Zimbabwe
ODI- 11 September 1999 against India
T20- 16 February 2006 against New Zealand
|Jersey Number||# 45 (West Indies)
# 333 (IPL)
|Domestic/State Teams||Barisal Burners, Dhaka Gladiators, Jamaica, Jamaica Tallawahs, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Matabeleland Tuskers, Melbourne Renegades, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Somerset, Stanford Superstars, Sydney Thunder, Worcestershire|
|Nature on field||Calm & Jolly nature but an aggressive batsman|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Off Spin|
|Favourite Shot||Pull Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• He became the first player to hit six on the first ball of a test match.
• Became the 4th player to hit 2 triple centuries in Test matches.
• He has scored the highest T20 individual score (175*)
• The first player to score a double century in a World Cup.
• The first West Indian to get 7000+ runs and take 150 wickets in ODIs.
• The first player to score a century in all three forms of Cricket.
• The first player to reach 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
• Fastest player to reach 4000 IPL runs (112 innings).
• He holds the record for hitting the most sixes (more than 500) in international cricket.
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 3 centuries against India in 2002, he became the 3rd West Indian to score 1000+ runs in a calendar year.|
|Date of Birth||21 September 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Excelsior High School, Jamaica|
|Educational Qualifications||10th Standard|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Driving, Listening to Bollywood songs|
|Tattoo(s)||He has many tattoos all over his body (mainly on arms & chest)
|Controversies||• In 2005, he was involved in a kind of cold war with West Indies Cricket Board over the sponsorship issues. For this reason, he has been the center of controversies ever since.
• In 2016, a media company in Australia, Fairfax Media, published a series of articles which alleged Gayle exposed himself to massage therapist Leanne Russell during a cricket tournament. The same year, Gayle filed a defamation case against the Fairfax Media, and on 3 December 2018, Gayle won the defamation case and was awarded $300,000 against Fairfax Media.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Natasha Berridge (Partner)|
|Parents||Father- Dudley Gayle (Worked as a policeman)
Mother- Hazel Gayle (she used to sell peanuts and snacks)
|Siblings||5, including Vanclive Parris, Wayne Gayle (Younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Ackee, Saltfish|
|Favourite Movies||Rambo Series|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Cars Collection||GL 63 AMG - Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8
|Bikes Collection||Harley Davidson FXSTSB Bad Boy|
|Salary (approx.)||₹2 Crore or $278,292 (Retaining Fee, IPL 2018, 2019)
Approximate yearly income: $7.5 million
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Gayle
- Does Chris Gayle smoke?: Yes
- Does Chris Gayle drink alcohol?: Yes
- When Gayle was in his teen ages, his friends used to call him “crampy” due to his laziness.
- After 10th standard, he joined Lucas Cricket Academy. Once Chris Gayle said,
“If it was not for Lucas I don’t know where I would be today. Maybe on the streets.” Web.Archive
- Once he suffered from an irregular heartbeat problem when he was playing in India in his early career, after which an operation was done to resolve the issue. According to Gayle, “Heart surgery was a life-changing moment for me.” Indian Express
- He once scored 196 runs in a T20 trial match, he got out in 15th over.
- In Big Bash 2016, Gayle said ‘Don’t blush, baby’ to an Australian reporter, Mel McLaughlin on live TV. Gayle was caught up in a huge controversy for doing that, later he apologized and said he said that in a humorous way.
- He owns “Triple Century Sports Bar“, a sports bar & restaurant in Kingston, Jamaica.
- He opened “The Chris Gayle Academies” in Jamaica and London to provide education, training, and employment for needy ones.
- Chris Gayle published his autobiography, Six Machine, on 2 June 2016.
- He loves partying and is well-known for his CPL T20 parties at his house.📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]