|Real Name||Christopher Henry "Chris" Gayle|
|Nickname||Crampy, Gayleforce, Master Storm, GayleStorm, Universe Boss|
|Profession||West Indies Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.891 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 98 kg
in Pounds- 216 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 35 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Tattoos||He has many tattoos all over his body (mainly on arms & chest)
|International Debut||Test- 16 March 2000 against Zimbabwe
ODI- 11 September 1999 against India
T20- 16 February 2006 against New Zealand
|Jersey Number||#45 (West Indies)
#333 (IPL, County)
|Domestic/State Team||Barisal Burners, Dhaka Gladiators, Jamaica, Jamaica Tallawahs, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Matabeleland Tuskers, Melbourne Renegades, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Somerset, Stanford Superstars, Sydney Thunder, Worcestershire|
|Nature on field||Calm & Jolly nature but an aggressive batsmen|
|Favourite Shot||Pull Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• He became the first player to hit six on the first ball of a test match.
• First player to score century in all the 3 forms of Cricket.
• Became the 4th player to hit 2 triple centuries in Test matches.
• He has scored the highest T20 individual score (175*)
• First player to score a double century in a World Cup.
• First West Indian to get 7000+ runs and take 150 wickets in ODIs.
• First cricketer to hit centuries in all three formats of the game (T20, Test and ODI).
• First player to reach 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
• Highest individual score in T20 cricket (unbeaten 175 against Pune Warriors in IPL 2013).
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 3 centuries against India in 2002, he became the 3rd West Indian to score 1000+ runs in a calendar year.|
|Date of Birth||21 September 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Excelsior High School (Jamaica)|
|Educational Qualifications||10th Standard|
|Family||Father- Dudley Gayle (worked as a policeman)
Mother- Name not known (she used to sell peanuts and snacks)
Siblings- 6 siblings (Gayle is the 5th one) - Vanclive 'Father Bulla' Parris, Wayne Gayle (Younger)
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Dancing
Dislikes: Running, even on the field he tries not to go for singles and doubles instead he tries to hit the ball out of the ground.
|Controversies||• He was involved in a kind of cold war with West Indies Cricket Board over the sponsorship issues
• In 2016, a media company in Australia, Fairfax Media, published a series of articles which alleged Gayle exposed himself to massage therapist Leanne Russell during a cricket tournament. The same year, Gayle filed a defamation case against the Fairfax Media, and on 3 December 2018, Gayle won the defamation case and was awarded $300,000 against Fairfax Media.
|Favourite Cricketer||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Ackee and Saltfish|
|Favourite Movie||Rambo (Series)|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Natasha Berridge (Partner)|
|Cars collection||GL 63 AMG - Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8
|Bikes collection||Harley Davidson FXSTSB Bad Boy|
|Salary||Price in IPL Auction (2018): 2 Crore (INR)
Approximate yearly income: $7.5 million
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Gayle
- Does Chris Gayle smoke?: Yes
- Does Chris Gayle drink alcohol?: Yes
- When he was a teenager, his friends used to call him “crampy” due to his laziness.
- Once he suffered from an irregular heartbeat problem when he was playing in India in his early career, after which an operation was done to resolve the issue.
- He once scored 196 runs in a T20 trial match, he got out in 15th over.
- In 2011 IPL Auctions, Gayle went unsold in the first round.
- He scored a century in his debut T20 match in IPL.
- He loves his dressing style.
- He loves listening to Bollywood songs.
- He is very active on social media sites.
- In Big Bash 2016, Gayle said ‘Don’t blush, baby’ to an Australian reporter, Mel McLaughlin on live TV. Gayle was caught up in a huge controversy for doing that, later he apologized and said he said that in a humorous way.
- He owns “Triple Century Sports Bar”, a sports bar & restaurant in Kingston, Jamaica.
- He opened “The Chris Gayle Academies” in Jamaica and London to provide education, training, and employment for needy ones.
- He loves partying and is well-known for his CPL T20 parties at his house.