Some Lesser Known Facts About Moises Henriques
- Does Moises Henriques smoke: Not Known
- Does Moises Henriques drink alcohol: Yes
- Henriques was born to a Portuguese professional footballer in Portugal but his family moved to Australia when he was just 1.
- He wanted to be a fast bowler and as a kid, he used to bowl as fast as he could, but after sustaining a lot of injuries, he finally settled as a seamer.
- Though his style has always been compared to Shane Watson’s batting and bowling style, he considers South African Jacques Kallis to be his role model.
- A field in Endeavour School in Sydney has been renamed as “Moises Henriques Field”. A gateway was erected at the entrance in honour of Moises Henriques, an alumnus of the Endeavour School.
- In 2004, he received the first Rexona Australian Youth Cricket Scholarship, an initiative backed by Ricky Ponting.
- For 2009 season of IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders signed him for $300,000.
- In 2010, he was traded to Delhi Daredevils in exchange of Manoj Tiwary.
- He was named to Australia’s test team squad in February 2013 and became the second Portugal to have played a test match after former South African cricketer Dick Westcott.
- Henriques was bought for $166,000 by Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2014 and has since been retained by the team.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡