Some Lesser Known Facts About Christopher Nolan
- Does Christopher Nolan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Christopher Nolan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Nolan’s father was from England and mother from America. His father was an advertising executive and mother was a flight attendant and an English teacher.
- He has two brothers. His elder brother Matthew Francis Nolan is a convicted criminal. His younger brother Jonathan is a screenwriter, television producer, director, and author.
- Nolan started making films at the age of seven. At this age, he borrowed Super 8 camera of his father.
- Nolan met his wife Emma Thomas for the first time at the University College London (UCL) where he was studying English literature.
- Nolan was the head of UCL film society. During his college years, Christopher Nolan made two short movies, namely Tarantella (1989) and second was Larceny (1995).
- Nolan’s first film, Following, was based on Nolan’s experience of living in London and having his flat burgled.
- Nolan first earned recognition for his work in the movie- Memento. When he told the story of Memento to Aaron Ryder, an executive for Newmarket Films, the latter said that it was “perhaps the most innovative script I had ever seen”.
- Steven Soderbergh a renowned filmmaker, was very impressed by his work in Memento and recruited Nolan to direct the psychological thriller Insomnia (2002).
- Nolan is one of two directors to have made billions of dollars out of his two movies, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Another one is James Cameron.
- In 2009, The American Society of Cinematographers honored him with the Board of the Governors Award.
- He was declared “the premier big-canvas storyteller of his generation” by Variety’s Scott Foundas.
- In 2012, British daily newspaper The Guardian ranked him among “The 23 Best Film Directors in the World.”
- Nolan was featured in “100 most influential people of the world” by TIME magazine in 2015.
- Nolan is red and green color blind.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)