|Real Name||Shashaa Tirupati|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, voice-over artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 54 kg
in Pounds- 119 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-28-33|
|Date of Birth||21 December 1987|
|Age (as in 2016)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|School||LA Matheson Secondary School Surrey, BC, Canada|
|College||Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada
Symbiosis College, Pune, India
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Marketing|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood/Hindi: "Rang De" from the movie 'Bumm Bumm Bole' (2010)
Punjabi: "Tenu Pyaar Ho Gaya" from the movie 'Tere Ishq Nachaya' (2011)
Tamil: "Oday Oday" from the movie 'Raja Rani' (2013)
Telugu: "Inthandanga" from the movie 'Janda Pai Kapiraju' (2013)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Ice Skating|
|Favourite Music Composer||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Songs||"Jaage Hain Der Tak" from the movie 'Guru', "Kehna Hi Kya" from the movie 'Bombay'|
|Favourite Books||The Power by Rhonda Byrne, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie|
|Favourite Movies||Bollywood: Highway, Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Hollywood: The Notebook
|Favourite TV Shows||American: The Big Bang Theory, F.R.I.E.N.D.S|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shashaa Tirupati
- Does Shashaa Tirupati smoke: Not Known
- Does Shashaa Tirupati drink alcohol: Not Known
- Though Shashaa was born in Srinagar, she spent most of her childhood in Vancouver, Canada.
- At the age of 6, Shashaa began singing on local radio frequencies in Vancouver. 4 years later, she started learning the basics of Hindustani Classical Music; for this purpose, she used to spend a lot of time with her ‘music gurus’ in cities like Allahabad and Varanasi.
- Shashaa became a household name in Vancouver when she won the first season of RED FM Idol hunt in 2005. Notably, RED FM is a Canadian radio channel that is broadcasted on frequency 93.1. Interestingly, ten years down the line, Shashaa was one of the judges on the same singing hunt.
- She excelled in both music and academics. Not only did she top the province in her graduation school, she also went on to the University on a full scholarship, besides 6 other scholarships.
- Soon, the budding singer returned to India to pursue a degree in MBA. Meanwhile, she started looking for opportunities in the singing industry. Luck did not favor her during the initial years of her career and she had to be content with singing ad jingles only.
- However, the Mozart of Madras, A.R.Rahman, spotted her during the shoot of one of the episodes of “Coke Studio”. The veteran musician was so impressed by her voice that within a week’s time, Shashaa had a Tamil song offer from him.
- She even performed at the BRICS Summit 2016 held in Goa.
- Her song ‘Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga’, from the movie Half Girlfriend, became an instant chartbuster. Within 2 days of its release on YouTube, the song garnered over 9 million views.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡