Some Lesser Known Facts About John Cena
- Does John Cena smoke: No
- Does John Cena drink alcohol: Yes
- John Cena was born with the umbilical cord wrapped 3 times around his neck; this is a very dangerous condition for a new born baby. Miraculously, Cena survived this condition and did not face any long term effects.
- John Cena started his pro wrestling career in 1999 with the Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW).
- Cena was so fond of Weightlifting, that at the age of 12, he asked Santa for a Weightlifting bench and eventually got one.
- John Cena has the fourth highest number of combined days as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, behind Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Hulk Hogan.
- John Cena has starred in a lot of feature films viz. The Marine (2006), 12 Rounds (2009), and Legendary (2010). Apart from wrestling and acting, Cena has profound interests in rapping.
- Cena’s entrance theme song, “My Time is Now” is composed and sung (rapped) by John Cena himself.
- It has been over nine years since John Cena’s rap album You Can’t See Me was released to the public. It was recorded by WWE Records and starred Cena along with his cousin, Tha Trademarc. It debuted at #15 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 143,000 copies in its first week.
- John Cena has also made appearances on television shows like Manhunt, Deal or No Deal, MAD TV, Saturday Night Live, Punk’d, Psych, and Parks and Recreation.
- Cena was an American Football player in his college days, but quit because he thought he was ‘way too small.’
- You will often find number 54 on Cena’s merchandise. Interestingly, Cena used to wear a number 54 jersey during his college Football days.
- Cena has granted more than 500 wishes for Arizona children with life-threatening illnesses through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, making him the current record holder.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)