Danushka Gunathilaka Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Panadura, Sri Lanka
Age: 31 Years
|Full Name||Mashtayage Danushka Gunathilaka|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|International Debut||ODI- On 1 November 2015 for Sri Lanka against West Indies
Test- On 26 July 2017 for Sri Lanka against India
T20- On 7 January 2016 for Sri Lanka against New Zealand
|Date of Birth||17 March 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Panadura, Sri Lanka|
|Hometown||Panadura, Sri Lanka|
|College/University||Mahanama College, Colombo|
|Controversies||• Suspended for misconduct: In 2017, he was suspended after showing a poor attitude towards training. He was given a six-match ban in limited overs format for his misconduct.
• Rape allegation: In 2018, he was suspended from all forms of International cricket after his friend was accused of rape of a Norwegian woman in a hotel where he was present. He and his friend brought two Norwegian women to the hotel in the early hours of 22 July, and one of the women later complained to the police that Danushka's friend had raped her.
• Sexual assault charges: In November 2022, he was charged with four counts of sexual intercourse without consent; the charges came after the police claimed that he had sexually assaulted a 29-year-old woman at a home in Rose Bay, eastern suburb of Sydney in Australia. BBC According to the police, Gunathilaka met the woman via an online dating app, and he allegedly assaulted the woman after she met him. On 6 November 2022, the police apprehended him from the team hotel in Sydney. Following his arrest, SLC suspended him from playing all forms of cricket. The Sydney Morning Herald
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Cricketer(s)||Mahela Jayawardene, Brett Lee, AB de Villiers|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Danushka Gunathilaka
- Does Danushka Gunathilaka drink alcohol?: Yes
- His father is a big fan of cricket and he was the reason behind Danushka playing cricket.
- His birthday is on 17 March; the same day Sri Lanka won the World Cup.
- In 2009-2010, he made his List A debut for Colombo Cricket Club against Sinhalese Sports Club, scoring a run.
- He scored 29-ball 46 on his T20I debut against New Zealand.
- Initially, he was not a part of the Sri Lankan squad for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, but, was included in the squad after the injury of Chamara Kapugedera. He scored 77 runs against India and helped Sri Lanka chase 321 runs.
- On 6 July 2017, he scored his first century against Zimbabwe at MRIC Stadium.
- In May 2018, he was among the 33 cricketers who were offered a national contract by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC). However, in July 2018, he was suspended from all formats of International cricket after he breached the code of conduct.
|↑2||The Sydney Morning Herald|