Education: Postdoctoral Research
Age: 42 Years
Hometown: Bilaspur, Chhattīsgarh
|Names earned||• 'Chanakya' of AAP in Punjab The Economics Times
• Backroom boy The Tribune
|Profession||• Educationalist (professor at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi)
|Famous For||Being named as the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)'s nominee for the Rajya Sabha elections from Punjab in March 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2022-Present)
|Political Journey||• In March 2022, he joined the Aam Aadmi Party.
• On 21 March 2022, he was elected as the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)'s nominees for the Rajya Sabha from Punjab.
|Date of Birth||4 October 1979 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Lormi, Mungeli, Chhattīsgarh|
|School||Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Tilaknagar, Bilaspur|
|College/University||• Cambridge University, London
• University of Oxford, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Master of Science PressWire18
• Ph.D from Cambridge University (2011) The Tribune
• Postdoctoral research from the University of Oxford
Sandeep Pathak - Linkedin
|Parents||Father- Shivkumar Pathak (farmer)
|Siblings||Brother- Pradeep Pathak
Sister- Pratibha Pathak
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sandeep Pathak
- Sandeep Pathak is an Indian IIT professor who is known for being elected as the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)’s candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections from Punjab that are scheduled to be held on 31 March 2022.
- In 2016, he was appointed to the post of Assistant Professor at IIT Delhi to teach Physics.
- He has published 43 research papers throughout his academic career. From 2011 to 2021, he worked on 490 research works as an assistant author. In 2015, almost 10 researches by Sandeep were published.
- In an interview, the Aam Aadmi Party said that Sandeep resigned as a professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 2020 and contributed as an election strategist in the 2020 Delhi Assembly elections.
- Before being elected as the AAP candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections from Punjab, he was assigned the task of designing the party’s campaigns in the assembly elections in Punjab in 2022. He reached out to people through a door-to-door campaign.
- On 21 March 2022, the Aam Aadmi Party appointed him as the person in charge of the Gujarat Assembly polls to be held in December 2022.