|Real Name||Debashree Roy|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Politician, Producer, Choreographer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||8 August 1961|
|Age (as in 2017)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
|Debut||Film: Pagol Thakur (1966, as a child artist)
Nadi Theke Sagare (1978, in a lead role)
|Family||Father- Birendra Kishore Roy
Mother- Arati Roy
Siblings- 6 (all Elder)
|Hobbies||Cooking, Travelling, Writing, Reading|
|Favourite Food||Fish, Kadhai Chicken, Cheese Chilly Mushrooms|
|Favourite Actor||Mithun Chakraborty|
|Favourite Actresses||Rekha, Jai Bachchan|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Blue|
|Favourite Poets||Amrita Pritam, Gulzar|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sandeep Patil (Cricketer)|
|Husband/Spouse||Prosenjit Chatterjee (Actor, m.1992– div.1995)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debashree Roy
- Does Debashree Roy smoke?: No
- Does Debashree Roy drink alcohol?: No
- Debashree is is truly multi-talented as she is a fine actress, dancer, and choreographer.
- She gave her first dance stage performance at the tender age of 3.
- She started her acting career as a child artist at the age of 6.
- She got fame as a child artist at the age of 9, for her role of ‘Ranu’ in the Bengali film ‘Kuheli’ (1971).
- She is a trained Indian classical, tribal and folk dancer.
- Initially, she learned dancing skills from her mother and eldest sister and then Bandana Sen, but later on, she was trained by Kelucharan Mahapatra.
- She has worked in 100+ movies in various languages, such as – Bengali, Tamil, and Hindi.
- She has won several awards including a ‘National Film Award’, ‘Banga Bibhushan’, 3 ‘BFJA Awards’, 5 ‘Kalakar Awards’, an ‘Anandalok Puraskar’ and ‘Bharat Nirman Award’.
- She is the maternal aunt of Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji.
- In 1995, she was married to popular Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee,which lasted for 3 years.
- She participated in many classical and folk dance dramas like ‘Bichitro’, ‘Vasavdatta’ (production of Natraj Troupe), ‘Swapner Sandhane’ etc.
- In 2011, she became the Member of the Legislative Assembly from ‘Raidighi constituency’.
- She runs a non-profit organization namely ‘Debasree Roy Foundation’ for the cause of stray animals.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)