Angela Jonsson Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Famous for||Winning Kingfisher Calendar Girl Hunt Competition (2011)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds-121.254 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-24-33|
|Debut||Film: Sher Khan (2013)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• She judged the Kingfisher Calendar Girl Hunt (2012).
• Featured in the list of 50 most desirable women in India in 2011.
|Date of Birth||28 February 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||American International School, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||She did a Long distance college course from the US.|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading Books, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Shahid Kapoor (Actor) - Rumoured Rediff
• Ranbir Kapoor (Actor) (2011)
• Geoff Nelson (2020)
|Parents||Father- Coffee exporter (Name not known)
Mother- Coffee exporter (Name not known)
|Makeup accessory||MAC Strawberry lip balm|
|Music||Music of the movie 'Band Baaja Baraat'(2010)|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan , Salman Khan|
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Band Bajaa Baarat (2010), Dum Maro Dum (2011), Shor in the city (2010)
Hollywood- Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Novel||Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angela Jonsson
- The Kingfisher Calendar Model Hunt Winner (2011) Angela Jonsson is an Indian model and actress. She was born to a father who was from Iceland and a mother who was from Chennai. Her parents worked as coffee cultivators and exporters.
- She was born in Chennai, and she spent her childhood in the mountains of Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, where she did her schooling at American International School; however, at the age of eighteen, she left her studies.
- She comes from a big family that includes 9 siblings – six sisters and three brothers, and they used to keep many types of pets like rabbits, dogs, monkeys, and squirrels. In an interview, while talking about growing up in a large family, Angela said,
The thing about huge families is that you don’t have to go looking out for friends. There’s always someone to talk to, share your secrets with and to turn to.”
- According to Angela, while she was growing up, Angela and her elder sister Tara, who is just one year elder to her, shared the closest relation with each other among other siblings.
- In 2011, she won the Kingfisher Calendar Girl Hunt Competition, a competition in which she also participated as a judge in later years. In an interview, while sharing her experience about the show, Jonsson said that they used to get exhausted after shoots that sometimes went up to 20 hours a day. She also added that while shooting in Kerala, a region that is prone to heavy rain, they would often hide in close spaces to save their makeup. In an interview, she talked about judging the show. She said,
This year the platform was the same but the role was different. I went there as a judge for one of the episodes. The girls this time were a little nervous as the competition was tougher. It was interesting to share advice with these girls and get their feedback. The only tip I gave to all of them was to work hard and try to give their best in whatever they do.”
- According to Angela, she learnt many things while participating in the Kingfisher Calendar Girl Hunt Competition as the show made her more confident and realize how hardworking modelling was.
- Jonsson came into the headlines after rumours about her and Ranbir Kapoor being in a relationship were heard.
- She never used to address the rumours but in an interview, she agreed on dating Ranbir. She said,
Yes, Ranbir and I have dated. We have gone out to dinner like two normal adults in the city. As any gentleman would and should, he asked me out for the record. Since winning the Kingfisher Calendar Hunt, my modeling career has done better than I ever expected. None of the successes can be attributed to anyone other than to my hard work and that of my agents.”
- When asked about her reaction to the rumours, she said that it was tough for her to read such things in the newspaper. She started to avoid reading the newspaper and someone else told her if something good or bad was written about her in the newspaper. Later, she realized that she had to be strong and not care about what people said about her.
- Talking about the kind of movies she wanted to do, she said that it was her dream to debut with Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan or Saif Ali Khan but, she also wanted a good script and a good storyline for the movie.
- There was news that Angela had signed the movie ‘Maalai Neram Mazhaithuli’ directed by AR Murugadoss but, she denied the reports.
- She walked ramps for various big designers like Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Tarun Tahiliani, Malini Ramani and Shantanu-Nikhil.
- She also got into the headlines after her debut with Salman Khan in the movie ‘Sher Khan’. She was also taking Hindi classes so that she could speak Hindi fluently. Confirming the news, Sohail Khan said,
Yes, she has signed an exclusive contract with us. But we haven’t decided which film or films she will be doing. We think she has great potential. We will launch her.”
- Before actor Tiger Shroff made his debut in Bollywood, he was also linked up with Angela Jonsson. To this, he said,
I’ve never seen this lady in my life. I don’t know where these reports come from, and what they mean. I’m just wondering why my name is out there. I am no star-son. Just a kid working hard, minding my own business”.
- Tiger`s mother had also said that Tiger had never met Angela and she was about to be paired with Tiger in his debut movie but was not selected as Salman Khan had signed her for a movie.
- Angela also did a cola advertisement with South Indian actor Mahesh Babu. On this, there were reports that Salman was angry as he wanted Angela to make her debut with his production house only. In an interview, talking about South Indian films, Angela said,
Well mostly in the South, voices (of actors who cannot speak the language) are dubbed. Also, we’re given cue cards that tell us what we are speaking means in English. I am told that South Indian movies are a good training experience for newcomers. Their cameramen are excellent I’ve heard and the people there are more professional than the ones in Bollywood. Besides, most of the top heroines like Aishwarya Rai, or Sridevi or even Deepika Padukone have either started off or have worked in South Indian films at some point in their career.”
- She also modelled for Gehna Jewellers for which she wore a white gown, diamond crown and diamond neckpiece and earrings.
- She always tried to maintain an air of professionalism.
- She also appeared on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine.
- She also learned dance from Shakoor dance academy.
- Angela always wanted to become a performer. She was interested in becoming a dancer.
- When she turned 18 and left her parents house she went to Iceland to visit her family and then came back to India and stayed in Bangalore with some of her friends.
- She did some fashion shows in Bangalore and also shot for Lenovo.
- She likes cappuccino with milk and does not like espresso.
- In an interview, she talks about how coffee is made. She said that the beans are green in colour, then they are turned into red or cherry red by drying them in sun. after this process, they turn light brown in colour.
- On being asked about her parent’s reaction to seeing her in a Bikini, she said,
I won’t say my parents aren’t conservative because they are. But they are also very happy (with the fact that) I want to be a model, that I can pull off a swimsuit and that it’s not at all cheap but very classy. I have done a lot of good work (since the calendar came out) — I’ve done four covers, walked the ram during the Lakme Fashion Week. Things are going well and they’re happy with it.”
- When her mother used to call her, she told her to make the right choices but never stopped her from doing anything.
- Her siblings lived in Iceland and were not much aware of what was happening in India but they got happy when they read her interviews and saw her photos.
- She moved to Mumbai from Iceland in November 2010. She lived with one of her aunts.
- Initially, she used to find Mumbai dusty and crowded. Later, she made some friends and enjoyed living in the city.
- Sharing her experience of living alone in Mumbai, she said that she felt lonely sometimes as there was no one to take care of her. She further said that a girl who is living independently should be more aware of her surroundings.
- When she was 19, she did a shoot for Lenovo that paid her Rs. 20,000.
- She likes wearing light colour clothes and does not go with a lot of jewellery.
- When Angela was asked about her fitness regime, she said,
My day usually begins with an hour of non-stop energetic dance class. I usually step out feeling toned and exhausted. Sometime in the day I also do yoga. I don’t like going to the gym but do love walking a lot. I am not a breakfast person so it’s usually just a cup of coffee or a bagel but after the dance class, I am starving so I have a heavy lunch like a rot-subzi or a big bowl of salad or a hug sandwich. Dinner is usually dependant on where I am having it — either with friends or at home.”
- Angela didn`t know how to cook.
- She did not have a backup plan but she had an option to become a dance teacher, yoga instructor, fitness instructor, fashion or interior designer.
- She took her first trip to Iceland when she was eight. It was her first trip overseas, and she was happy to see how Iceland was different from India.
- In an interview, she said that the first thing she did when she checks into a hotel was taking bath or order room service.
- She likes to read biographies, murder mysteries, self-help books, and sometimes, she reads romantic books
- She uses chapstick a lot as she has a phobia of chapped lips.
- Angela uses Twitter more than other social media platforms.