Deepak Antani Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 58 Years
Hometown: Bhuj, Gujarat
Wife: Deepti Antani
|Full name||Deepak Madhukant Antani|
|Famous for||Maximum performances as Mahatma Gandhi on screen and stage|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Grey (Semi bald)|
|Debut||As a director: Bhav Bhav Na Bharthar (2000)
As an actor: Gandhiji My Mentor (2016); as Mahatma Gandhi
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2004: Best Director for the Gujarati film "Bhav Bhav na Bharthar"
2007: Best Director for the Gujarati film Film "Kanku Purayu Maa Amba na Chok ma"
2013: Best Director for the Gujarati film "Pritam Aapni Paheli Preet"
2019: Recognized as top 100 record holders of 2019 for the most number of Mahatma Gandhi-related performances by a Gandhi Look-alike India Book of Records
2019: Best Short film 'Gandhi Hatya' under the category of Ideals of Mahatma Gandhi at International Gujarati Film Festival, Los Angeles (USA)
2019: Best Actor for the short film 'Jawab La Jawab' at International Art House Film Festival
2019: India Book of Records for maximum performances as Mahatma Gandhi
2020: Limca Book of Records for looking like the real Bapu in Gandhi's costume
|Date of Birth||20 September 1964 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|College/University||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat (1988)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• 1984: Diploma in Electrical Engineering
• 1988: Bachelor of Performing Arts (BPA)
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party Facebook - Deepak Antani|
|Address||C – 13, Nebula Apartment, Near Grand Bhagwati, S G Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad (380054)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||23 June 1989|
|Wife/Spouse||Deepti Antani (HR consultant)
|Children||Son- Tathya Antani (Business Analyst III)
Daughter- Falak Antani (Freelance Artist)
Note: Image in Wife/Spouse section
|Parents||Father- Madhukant Antani
Mother- Jaykumari Antani (deceased)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Antani
- Deepak Antani is a versatile Indian actor and director who happens to be a lookalike of Mahatma Gandhi and has essayed his character in more than 20 short films, TV serials, 190 stage plays, and many documentaries. His name was listed in the Limca Book of Records 2020 for looking like the real Bapu in Gandhi’s costume.
- After completing his B.Tech, he worked as an electrical technician at Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd (Ipcl), Vadodara. Later, the company was merged with Reliance Reliance Industries by the Indian business tycoon Mukesh Ambani in 2002.
- In an interview, Deepak said that he got tired of his monotonous life and that is when he got enrolled at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (MSU) and simultaneously worked part-time. YouTube – VTV Gujarati News and Beyond
- When he was studying in college, he attended several mime workshops and later, began participating in theatre.
- During his young days, he served as an NCC Cadet.
- After Deepak graduated from MSU, he was hired for the role of production assistant at Doordarshan and worked there for thirteen years. YouTube – Deepak M Antani
- On 20 June 2000, Deepak stunned the audience with his appearance as Mahatma Gandhi in a disguise for the first time in a play called Sardar Patel. The story of this play was written by Deepak himself on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s 125th birth anniversary. After that, he continued appearing in films that required him for Mahatma Gandhi’s role.
- Till 2002, he worked as a program producer for Colors Gujarati, which was formerly called ETV Gujarati.
- From 2002-2011, he worked with Shree Falak Films and directed short films and TV serials, covering live shows and theatre plays, and even shot documentaries. According to Antani, he has directed 1000+ episodes of Gujarati TV serials DD Girnar including Samvad, Sakhi, Sahiyar, Kadaksinh no haya darbar, Hasya Samrat, Kaki Bhare Paki, and Sankalp.
- In August 2011, Deepak was appointed as the channel head at Transmedia Limited. A year later, his position was called up to the post of chief operating officer at Pranami Broadcasting Limited, Ahmedabad.
- He made his acting debut with the Indian Gujarati-language film Gandhiji My Mentor (2016) and later enacted Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in many Gujarati short films including Jang-e-Azadi, Mahatma ke Mahatma, Gandhiji Ni Garima, and Jawab La Jawab. He also appeared in Gujarati films including Pagal Kar Diya Toone (2019), Maare Shu (2022), and Mujib: The Making of Nation (2022).
- He played the role of a driver in the popular Indian Hindi-language spy thriller series The Family Man streaming on Amazon Prime Video. In this series, he shared the screen with the actor Manoj Bajpayee. Later, he appeared in the Indian TV series Crime Patrol on Sony TV, Antral on EPIC TV, Ajab Saas Ki Gajab Bahu on Mubu TV, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on Sony SAB TV, and Barrister Babu on Colors TV.
- Apart from being an actor, he also ventured into filmmaking. He directed several Gujarati films including Bhav Bhav Na Bharthar (2000), Dil Ma Vasto Desh (2016), Pritam Apni Paheli Prit (2017), and Thank You Boss (2022).
- Antani is fond of writing and has published several articles in magazines and newspaper columns including that of Chitralekha magazine, Complete Cinema, and Gujarati Daily. He actively writes stories, plays, and scripts.
- He has also written scripts for award-winning Gujarati feature films, theatre plays, and TV serials. Not only this, but Antani has also been majorly involved in writing title songs for TV programs and anchoring scripts for many show hosts.
- He has appeared in many TV commercials including Star Sports promo and Swachchhta Abhiyan by Hindustan Lever.
- Deepak will be seen playing the role of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in a 2023 film titled Gandhi Godse Ek Yudh. The film will release on 26 January 2023.
- Deepak is also a lookalike of actor Ben Kingsley, who played the role of Mahatma Gandhi in the film Gandhi (1982).
|↑1||Facebook - Deepak Antani|
|↑2||YouTube – VTV Gujarati News and Beyond|
|↑3||YouTube – Deepak M Antani|