Uday Mahesh Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography & more
|Birth Name||Udhayabhanu Maheswaran The Quint|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Writer|
|Famous Role||'Chellam' from the Indian web series "The Family Man 2" (2021)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||White and Black|
|Debut||Tamil Film (as a director): Naalai (2006)
Tamil Film (as an actor): Moodar Koodam (2013) as Salim Bhai
Bollywood Film (as an actor): Madras Cafe (2013) as an intelligence officer
TV (Tamil): Office (2013-2015) as Vishwanathan
Web Series (Hindi): The Family Man 2(2021) as Chellam Sir
|Date of Birth||21 February 1970 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Ottapalam, Palakkad, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Government Higher Secondary School, Anakaputhur|
|College/University||Central Polytechnic College, Tharamani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Chemical Engineering The Week|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Uday Mahesh
- Uday Mahesh is an Indian film writer, director, and actor who works in the Tamil and Hindi film industries.
- When he was in college, he had no interest in studies and wanted to join Merchant Navy. He also had a lot of passion for cinema during his college days, and around the same time, he met Indian cinematographer and actor Natarajan Subramanian through a common friend.
- He directed two films, but as an actor, he worked in many films.
- He directed a Tamil film, “Chakkara Viyugam,” starring Natarajan Subramanian and Daisy Bopanna, which was delayed due to crew members who complained against the behaviour of Daisy. Later, the film was released in 2008 but went unnoted and didn’t get good reviews. Since then, Uday Mahesh stopped directing films.
- In an interview, Uday Mahesh narrated an incident from one of his movies. The Lallantop – YouTube He said,
5-6 years ago, when I was shooting for one Tamil film, I had to jump 10-12 feet in one scene but I fell and got a foot injury. I was in bed for approx. six months.”
- When Mahesh recovered, he got a chance to work with Rajnikanth in the film Kabali (2016). He played the role of ‘Durai’ in the film.
- Uday Mahesh starred in the Hindi film “Serious Man” (2020) as “Dr Namboodri.” The film was directed by Sudhir Mishra and featured Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the lead role.
- On 4 June 2021, the Indian web series “The Family Man 2” was released. Uday Mahesh portrayed ‘Chellam Sir’ in the series. His 15-minute portrayal of ‘Chellam’ gained popularity over social media and earned him praises.
- In an interview, while talking about how he bagged the role of ‘Chellam’ in “The Family Man 2,” Uday Mahesh said,
Initially i gave auditions for the role of Dheepan, a senior Sri Lankan Tamil fighter who uses diplomacy to achieve the cause of liberation, but for couple of months i didn’t receive any calls from them, so i thought they might have found someone else. Suddenly one day i got a call from the team and they wanted me to do this Chellam character, for me being a part of family man is an honor, since part 1 was a hit so, i said whatever the character is, i am ready, without knowing that this character will get this much of love and recognition from everyone. And talking about memes on chellam sir, first i thought people are making fun of me, but then i realized that, no people are actually loving this character.’
- When asked about his favourite meme on Chellam sir, he said,
The one which replaced google with Chellam.”