Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Chahar
- Does Deepak Chahar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Deepak Chahar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He is a right-hand batsman and a medium pace bowler.
- He is a good swinger who can throw the ball at a speed of 140 km per hour.
- At the age of 10, his father brought him to Zila Cricket Academy in Jaipur and introduced him to his coach Navendu Tyagi.
- His father resigned his own job to pay full attention to Deepak’s cricket career and used to ride with him on a bike from Surat to Hanumangarh to make him practice six hours daily at the cricket academy of the town.
- In 2008, he was rejected to play in the state-level by the former director of Rajasthan Cricket Association Academy Greg Chappell who said that he couldn’t play cricket on a higher level.
- On 25 October 2010, his T20 debut was Rajasthan v Vidarbha at Jaipur.
- In November 2010, he made his first-class debut (Rajasthan v Hyderabad) at Jaipur.
- On 10 February 2010, he has made his List A debut (Rajasthan v Vidarbha) at Indore.
- He has grabbed 21 wickets in 4 under-19 matches (Cooch Behar Trophy and Vinoo Mankad trophy).
- In his 40 first-class matches, he has scored 883 runs at the average of 18.39 with 113 wickets (average- 36.44).
- In his 9 List A matches, he has hit only 47 runs (average- 7.83) including 14 wickets (average- 25.42).
- His total score in 25 T20 matches is 98 (average- 9.80) with 29 wickets (average- 22.34).
- He got 5 wickets for 15 runs in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, which is one of the best performances of his career.
- From 2011 to 2014, he suffered from different types of injuries and ailments that affected his cricket career badly.
- In January 2018, he was selected by Chennai Super Kings at ₹80 lakh to play in the Indian Premier League.
- He doesn’t eat fast food and likes to eat the meal cooked by his father who (according to Deepak) is his real coach and inspiration.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡