Some Lesser Known Facts About Dev Mohan
- Dev Mohan is an Indian model and actor known for his work in Malayalam and Telugu films. In 2023, he made his Telugu debut with the mythological drama film ‘Shaakuntalam.’
- Before entering the showbiz industry, he worked as a corporate employee in an IT Hub in Banglore.
- While working in Bangalore, one of Dev’s friends suggested him to try his hand at modelling after which Dev Mohan participated as a contestant in the beauty pageant Mr India 2016 and was selected among the top 15 finalists. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I have always been a fitness enthusiast and used to work out regularly. It was one of my Iranian model friends Amin at the gym who suggested I should give modelling a shot and even try out Mr India. I managed to make it to the top 15 contestants in 2016.”
- In 2019, he supported various funding campaigns that were collecting donations for the flood-affected victims in Kerala.
- In an interview, Dev Mohan revealed that when the trailer of his Malayalam debut film was released, some of his friends didn’t believe that he was featured in the film and they watched the trailer twice to confirm. He said,
Most of my colleagues and friends wondered why I was growing my beard and hair. So, when the trailer of the film released on June 24, they were in for a surprise. Some of them watched it twice to make sure it was me!”
- In an interview, he revealed that to play the role of Sufi in his Malayalam debut film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum,’ (2020) he learnt Arabic and Sufi dance for which he practised for almost two years. He added that he learnt to take a perfect Sufi whirling in almost nine months.
- In 2021, the actor played the lead role in the short film ‘Dive,’ released on YouTube. The film was directed by Amal Paulson, who was Mohan’s batchmate in his college.
- The actor made a cameo appearance in the 2021 Malayalam film ‘Home.’
- Dev Mohan received a huge acclamation for his performance in the Malayalam film ‘Panthrandu’ (2022) in which he played the role of Emmanuel.
- His Telugu debut film ‘Shaakuntalam’ is based on the classical play ‘Shakuntala’ written by the 4th-century Indian playwright Kalidasa. In the film, he appeared opposite Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who played the role of Shakuntala.
- He is an animal lover; he often posts his photos with animals on social media.