Some Lesser Known Facts About Dev Patel
- Does Dev Patel smoke?: Yes
- Does Dev Patel drink alcohol?: Yes
- Dev was born in London, England to Anita and Raj Patel.
- His Father was an IT Consultant. His parents are Gujarati Hindus with origins in India.
- His Parents both Mother and Father were born in Nairobi, Kenya. Later They immigrated to England.
- During his time in school, Patel had his first acting role as Sir Andrew Aguecheek in the school’s production of Twelfth Night. Patel received the Best Actor award for his performance.
- As per him, His Mother is an inspiration for him.
- His drama teacher Niamh Wright has stated: “Dev was a gifted student who quickly impressed me with his innate ability to communicate a wide variety of characters imaginatively and creatively. He was awarded full marks for his GCSE performance to a live audience and the visiting examiner was moved to tears by his honest portrayal”.
- He began training of Taekwon-do at the Rayners Lane Academy in 2000.
- Patel started his acting career when he auditioned for the E4 teen drama television series Skins. His Mother saw and advertisement in a Newspaper and took him to audition despite his science exam next day.
- In 2006, Patel started his acting career when he auditioned for the E4 teen drama television series Skins.
- In 2008, He got a breakthrough in his starring movie Slumdog Millionaire in which he portrayed a role of Jamal Malik. The Movie was hailed all over the World and received an Oscar Award, and Movie received even many nominations. For this movie, Dev received many Best Actor Awards.
- In 2016, Dev played an important role in Lion Movie. This Movie was praised a lot and received many Nominations and Awards.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)