|Famous Role||'Captain Sartaj Singh Chandhok’ in the Bollywood action film “Uri: The Surgical Strike” (2019)
|Physical Stats & More|
|TV9 Hindi Height||in centimeters- 190 cm
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||Film (Bollywood): Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019) as Captain Sartaj Singh Chandhok
Web series: Made in Heaven (2019) as Samar Ranawat
|Date of Birth||19 November 1990 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Welham Boys School, Dehradun|
|College/University||Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||• B.Com. Hons from Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University
• MBA from an institution in Mumbai
|Relationships & More|
|Siblings||Brother- Yashwant Karwaa
Sister- Priyanka Karwaa
|Football Player||Steven Gerrard|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhairya Karwa
- Dhairya Karwa is an Indian actor and model who predominantly works in the Hindi film industry.
- Karwa grew up in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, where he was enrolled in a boarding school.
- While in school and college, he was good at sports and enjoyed playing Basketball the most.
- After pursuing his MBA, Dhairya decided to move to Europe for his further studies, however, he landed a few modelling assignments in Mumbai and dropped the idea of going abroad.
- Before stepping into the entertainment industry, Dhairya enrolled himself in an acting school in Mumbai to gain some acting skills.
- Karwa has done campaign shoots for many popular brands like Kingfisher Ultra Max, Titan, United Colors of Benetton, Tanishq, and Vistara Airlines.
- He has appeared in the advertisements of many famous brands including Fashion Big Bazaar, Pizza Hut, and Amazon.
View this post on Instagram
- Dhairya has also graced a few Indian fashion and lifestyle magazines like GQ and Men’s Health.
- Karwa has walked the ramp for many popular fashion designers. He showcased the collection of Tarun Tahiliani at India Bridal Fashion Week, Divyam Mehta’s collection at Amazon India Fashion Week, and Piyush Dedhia’s collection at the Lakme Fashion Week.
- In 2019, he was applauded for his performance in the Bollywood film “Uri: The Surgical Strike” by critics. He played the role of Captain Sartaj Singh Chandhok, a senior officer of the Indian Army, in the film.
- Dhairya played the role of Ravi Shastri, former head coach of the India national cricket team, former commentator, and cricketer, in the biographical sports film “83” (2021). The film is said to be the biggest sports film in the history of India. It will be released in April 2021, in three languages- Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- In an interview, while sharing the fact that he played the character of ‘Ravi Shastri’ in Kabir Khan’s biographical sports film “83” (2021), Dhairya said,
I really want to meet him (Ravi Shastri), because I keep hearing amazing stories about him. He has been part of my cricket experience of the ’90s and early 2000’s so when I landed the part, I thought I would read up everything about Ravi sir. I’ve been watching all his interviews and videos to get his boy language right. I’ve also been playing cricket for 5 months now, and the focus is to pick up his style. It’s challenging because I am a natural right arm, and he was a left-arm bowler. I’m also working on my diction and his style of speaking.”
He further said,
It’s a huge responsibility and a privilege. He’s been omnipresent in the game across generations in different roles. So, I do have big shoes to fill, but I don’t feel pressurised. I auditioned and got selected for the part. I went through the mock interview where I was talking about my career as Ravi – Ravi Shastri, in his style. I was asked my views on him and I was also tested on my cricket skills. So, while I did pass the litmus test, I feel it’s a huge responsibility to play him.”
- Dhairya is fond of riding a bike.
- In 2021, Karan Johar, an Indian filmmaker and TV personality, revealed that Dhairya Karwa was the third talent to join Johar’s celebrity management venture Dharma Cornerstone Agency (DCA), a collaborative space to promote budding talents. He shared the profile of Dhairya on his Instagram post and wrote,
Suave, sexy and… super sweet. That’s a triple check for @dhairya275! We’re so proud to add him to the #DCASquad and we can’t wait for you to see his talent unfold.”
View this post on Instagram
- Dhairya is said to have bagged a role opposite the Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone in Shakun Batra’s (film director) next project (as of 2021). Spotboye
- Dhairya is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.