Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhawal Kulkarni
- Does Dhawal Kulkarni smoke: Not Known
- Does Dhawal Kulkarni drink alcohol: Not Known.
- Dhawal Kulkarni first came into some limelight when he represented Mumbai as a part of the U-17 team in Vijay Merchant Trophy.
- Impressed by his performance, the selectors then called him up to the U-19 national side. Thus, he made his U-19 debut in a series against Sri Lanka in 2007.
- Again fantastic performances in Sri Lanka earned Kulkarni a place in the Mumbai Ranji squad. In his first Ranji season, he bagged a whopping 42 wickets and was the tournament’s most successful bowler.
- Owing to his consistent performances in the IPL, he was selected for the Indian Test team for the away series against New Zealand in 2009. However, he was not picked up in the playing XI of any of the three matches; he is yet to make his official Test debut.
- At the IPL, Kulkarni spent 6 years with the Mumbai Indians before moving to Rajasthan Royals in 2014. In 2016, he was picked up by a new franchise- Gujarat Lions.