Chetan Sakariya (Cricketer) Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Height: 5' 7"
Hometown: Vartej, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
Age: 23 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- Did not play yet
Test- Did not play yet
T20- Did not play yet
|Jersey Number||# 28 (IPL)|
|Bowling Style||Left-arm medium-fast|
|Date of Birth||28 February 1998 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||23 Years|
|Hometown||Vartej, Bhavnagar, Gujarat|
|Educational Qualification||12th Science|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father: Kanji Sakariya (Lorry Driver)
Mother: Varsha Sakariya
|Siblings||Brother: Rahul Sakariya
Sister: Jignasha Sakariya
|Cricketer||Batsman- Yuvraj Singh
Bowler- Junaid Khan, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan
|Film||Taare Zameen Par (2007)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1.2 Crore Espn Cric Info|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chetan Sakariya
- Chetan Sakariya is an Indian cricketer, who plays for the Saurashtra cricket team in the domestic circuit and Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.
- On 20 November 2018, Chetan Sakariya made his debut in first-class cricket for Saurashtra in Ranji Trophy where he picked up a fifer in his first innings. Chetan Sakariya replaced Jaydev Unadkat, who was out due to injury in that match.
- Chetan Sakariya while growing up wanted to be a batsman but eventually diverted his interest to fast bowling.
- He did not receive any kind of cricket coaching until the age of 16 before that he used to train himself playing tennis ball cricket.
- Chetan Sakariya had completed his 12th in science and therefore, his father wanted him to become an engineer but, he had other plans at his disposal.
- Chetan Sakariya was the sole provider in his family. His father, who was a Tempo driver suffered from ill-health and was unable to afford his cricket expenses.
- Chetan Sakariya’s family did not have a TV set at their house and used to go to their neighbors to watch him play.
- Chetan Sakariya’s maternal uncle helped him cover his expenses and continue with his cricket by providing him with a job at his stationery.
- Chetan Sakariya suffered from an injury upon his glute and a stress fracture on his back due to over-working his body and, he was out for nearly a year.
- Chetan Sakariya’s impressive performances at the domestic level for Saurashtra helped him to secure the scholarship to train under Australian cricket legend Glenn McGrath at MRF Pace Foundation.
- Chetan Sakariya, who did have a strong financial background didn’t even have money to buy a pair of shoes for himself. It was Sheldon Jackson, a senior batsman from Bhavnagar, whom he used to bowl in nets during practice sessions that gifted him his pair of cricket shoes.
- Chetan Sakariya’s attributes such as swing, accuracy, and bowling at around 130 Kph is one of his biggest strengths.
- Chetan Sakariya traveled with the Royal Challenger Bangalore squad as a net bowler last season in UAE.
- Chetan Sakariya joined Rajasthan Royals in the player auction in 2021 after a bidding war between Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challenger Bangalore. He was sold for INR 1.20 Crores.
- Chetan Sakariya’s mother in an interview told that the first thing his son hopes to do with the money is buying them a house in Rajkot.
- Chetan Sakariya lost his brother by suicide just three weeks before being signed by Rajasthan Royals in 2021. His parents hid the news from him for 10 days as it would affect his performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy. He was the sixth-highest wicket-taker in the tournament.
Chetan Sakariya's brother died of suicide few months ago,his parents didn't tell him for 10 days as he was playing the SMA trophy. What cricket means to these young men,their families .IPL is a true measure of the Indian dream & some stories of extraordinary grit🙏🏼Great prospect pic.twitter.com/r0mISy9Asv
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) April 12, 2021
- Chetan Sakariya made his debut in IPL on 12th April 2021 and picked up a 3-wicket haul on his debut for Rajasthan Royals against Punjab Kings.
|↑1||Espn Cric Info|