Caste: Vaisya (Madhesia)
Age: 22 Years
Hometown: Gaya, Bihar
|Birth Name||Prithvi Gupta TOI|
|Full Name||Prithvi Pankaj Shaw|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|International Debut||India U19- 14 January 2018 against v Aust U19 at Mount Maunganui
Test- 4 October 2018 vs West Indies at Rajkot
ODI- 5 February 2020 vs New Zealand at Seddon Park
T20- Did Not Play
|Jersey Number||# 100 (India)
# 100 (Domestic)
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai|
|Coach/Mentor||Coach- Santosh Pingulkar
Mentor- Rahul Dravid
|Favourite Shot||Cover drive NDTV|
|Records (main ones)||• The first schoolboy cricketer to score more than 500 runs in an official inter-school match (546 runs from 330 balls playing for Rizvi Springfield in a Harris Shield match).
• The youngest Indian cricketer to score a half-century on Test debut (after Hanif Mohammad, Jeff Stollmeyer, Tamim Iqbal and Imran Farhat).
• The first Indian cricketer to score a century on debut in the Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, and Test.
• The 15th Indian cricketer to score a century on Test debut.
• The 2nd youngest Indian cricketer (after Sachin Tendulkar) to score a Test century (18 years 329 days) on debut.
• The 6th Indian cricketer to win the Player-of-the-Match award on Test debut.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2017- The 'Best Junior-Cricketer-of-the-Year' by the Sports Journalists' Association of Mumbai (SJAM)|
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 546 runs in the Harris Shield Cricket Tournament in 2013|
|Date of Birth||9 November 1999|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Virar, Maharastra, India|
|Hometown||Manpur, Gaya, Bihar, India TOI|
|School(s)||• A.V.S. Vidyamandir, Virar, Mumbai
• Rizvi Springfield High School, Mumbai
|College/University||Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai|
|Address||A home at Juhu Tara Road, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Playing on PlayStation HT Times, Playing Billiards|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Pankaj Shaw
Mother- Name Not Known (Died in 2003)
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan Crictracker, Govinda HT Times|
|Actress||Deepika Padukone HT Times|
|Singer||Arijit Singh HT Times|
|TV Show||Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah|
|Car Collection||BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo
|Salary (approx.)||IPL 11- ₹1.2 crore (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prithvi Shaw
- Prithvi started playing cricket at the age of 3.
- When he was 4 years old, his mother passed away, which created a big void in his life, and in order to overcome it, he shifted his focus towards cricket.
- His father sacrificed a lot for his career as he shut down his flourishing garment business, where he used to purchase the garment from wholesalers and sell it in Surat and Baroda. Moreover, for around 3 years, his family survived on his father’s savings.
- Their financial crisis started fading away when Prithvi started getting scholarships, and a Shiv Sena MLA, Sanjay Potnis, provided him a home in Vakola, which was close to Prithvi’s training ground in Bandra.
- His everyday practice was a daunting task itself; as he, along with his father used to do a 70-km ride between Virar and Mumbai.
- His father acted as a practice bowler by bowling at him at the Air India ground in Kalina.
- In 2011, he was selected to play for Polly Umrigar XI.
- In 2013, he hit the headlines after scoring a record 546 off 330 balls in a Mumbai based Haris Shield elite division match, at the age of 14.
- Prithvi was a part of India’s squad that won the Asia Cup Under-19 tournament, under the coaching of Rahul Dravid.
- He scored his debut first-class ton (120 runs) for Mumbai against Tamil Nadu in the 2016-17 season of the Ranji Trophy.
- On 4 February 2018, under his captaincy, the U-19 Indian cricket team won the 2018 U-19 World Cup in New Zealand.
- His grandfather, Ashok Gupta, runs a cloth shop in Bihar named ‘Shri Balaji Cut Piece Centre.’
- To view an interesting video on Prithvi Shaw’s life, Click Here
- He loves to share hilarious Dubsmash videos on social media.