Wife: Jamuna Hingoo
Hometown: Vadodara, Gujarat
Age: 82 Years
|Other name||Dinesh Hingorani The Lallan Top|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theater Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Taqdeer (1967) as an antagonist
|Date of Birth||13 April 1940 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||82 Years|
|Birthplace||Baroda, Baroda State, British India (now Vadodara, Gujarat, India)|
|Hometown||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Jamuna Hingoo (former stage actress)
• Rajiv Hingoo (works at Jefferies Group, an American multinational independent investment bank)
• Jignesh Hingoo (owner at Kavana Dental Pvt Ltd.)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dinesh Hingoo
- Dinesh Hingoo is a veteran Indian actor and theatre artist, who has played comic roles in many Hindi films and TV serials.
- He started his career as a theatre artist and participated in various drama competitions in a music college in Vadodara, Gujarat. After performing in theatre plays in Gujarat, he shifted to Mumbai to make his career as a theatre artist.
- He then developed an interest in mimicry and participated in a mimicry competition held at Open Gate Theatre in Dhobi Talao, Mumbai. Dinesh has performed in various mimicry shows.
- In 1985, he appeared in the Doordarshan TV show ‘Paying Guest’ in which he played the role of Somnath.
- Although he played negative roles in various Hindi films, he gained immense popularity with his comic roles. Some of his popular Hindi films are ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’ (1988), ‘Baazigar’ (1993), ‘Judaai’ (1997), ‘Baadshah’ (1999), and ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ (2006).
- In 2000, he played the role of Chaman Jhinga in the popular Hindi film ‘Hera Pheri.’
- While he was working in theatre plays, he met the theatre artist Jamuna Merchant. Initially, they became friends and soon fell in love with each other. Their parents were against their marriage, so they got married without their parents’ consent.
- The famous Indian comedian Johnny Lever took inspiration from Dinesh Hingoo to make his career as a mimicry artist. In an interview, Johnny shared that it was Dinesh who gave him his first break as a comedian.