Height: 5' 8"
Education: MD (Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Pulmonary Medicine)
|Profession||Doctor (Pulmonologist and Chest Specialist)|
|Famous For||Being the Head of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Kalra Hospital, Delhi, and Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Delhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||19 November|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya School, Lawrence Road, Keshavpuram, Delhi|
|College/University||• Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
• Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi
• European Respiratory Society
|Educational Qualification(s)||• MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (1995)
• MD (Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Pulmonary Medicine) from Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi (2004)
• Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD) from Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI), Delhi (2006)
• European Diploma In Respiratory Medicine from the European Respiratory Society (2010) Practo- Dr. Hemant Kalra
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||29 November|
|Children||Daughter- Aanya Kalra
Note: He has one more daughter.
|Parents||Father- Dr C.L. kalra
Mother- Usha Kalra
|Siblings||Brother- Roopesh Kalra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Hemant Kalra
- Dr. Hemant Kalra is an Indian Pulmonologist and Chest Specialist.
- He belongs to a well-to-do family from Delhi.
- After attaining his medical degrees, Hemant did advanced training from many popular institutions across the world.
- First, he joined as a senior resident in pulmonary and critical care in a super speciality hospital in Delhi.
- Next, Kalra procured advanced training in Interventional Pulmonology from Italy.
- He then, trained in Pulmonary Vascular Disease from Switzerland.
- Subsequently, he went to Paris (France) to receive training in Paediatric Bronchoscopy.
- Thereafter, he trained in Medical Thoracoscopy in Greece.
- Hemant has also received training in Ultrasound in Critical Care from Lucknow.
- He is also trained in Echocardiography in ICU from Delhi and Mechanical Ventilation from Pune.
- As of 2021, Hemant is serving as the Head of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Kalra Hospital, Delhi, and Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Delhi.
- Apart from being a Pulmonologist and a Chest Specialist, Kalra has a special interest in treating diabetes patients. He has treated several patients dealing with health issues related to diabetology.
- He is a member of many accredited national and global societies like:
- American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR)
- National College of Chest Physicians (NCCP).
- Indian College of Allergy, Asthma and Applied Immunology (ICAAAI)
- Indian Chest Society(ICS)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Sleep Disorders Association (ISDA)
- Research Society for Study of Diabetes (RSDDI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- European Association for Bronchology And Interventional Pulmonology
- Indian Association for Bronchology (IAB)
- Kalra presented 2 papers at the annual conference held by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) in 2008.
- In the same year, he presented 4 papers at the annual conference held by the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR). He again presented 4 papers at the annual conference held by the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR) in 2009.
- Since, August 2015, he has been working as a chest specialist at Max Hospital, Pitampura.
- Kalra was featured in one of the episodes of the TV show ‘Doctors Live’ aired on Janta TV. During the show, he presented and explained various chest-related problems for the general masses.
- Apart from treating patients with respiratory ailments, chest ailments, and other infections, Kalra also helps his patients in getting freedom from substance abuse and smoking.
- He has a good command of four languages- Hindi, English, French, and Spanish.
- Dr. Kalra is inspired by the Indian PM Narendra Modi.
- In October 2018, Hemant started his YouTube channel titled ‘Dr. Hemant Kalra.’ He uploads videos describing various diseases and their treatments on the channel. The channel has around 8.36 K subscribers as of 2021.
- In March 2021, Kalra was invited as a guest of honour to inaugurate the Galaxy meet, an academic event of high quality in the field of Diabetes.
- Hemant has experience of around 21 years in areas like Chest Pain, Breathlessness, Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD (Chronic Bronchitis/Emphysema), Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), Bronchoscopy, Mesothelioma, Sleep Disorders, Pulmonary Embolism and Hypertension, Allergic, Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), Tuberculosis, and Sarcoidosis & Lung Biopsy.
- He is not just popular in India but also has a clientele from countries like Afghanistan, Korea, and Tibet.
- He charges a consultation fee of Rs. 800 from his patients.