Dr. Charanjit Singh (AAP) Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Punjab, India
Age: 62 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as of 2022)||60 Years|
|Educational Qualification||MS Ophthalmology (Eye) MyNeta|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known (doctor)|
|Parents||Father- Sardara Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
|Assets/Properties MyNeta||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs 70,000
Deposits in Banks: Rs 13,85,44
Motor Vehicles: Rs 25,50,000
Jewellery: Rs 30,00,000
Other assets: Rs 16,99,208
Total: Rs 70,11,449
Agricultural Land: Rs 40,00,000
Commercial Buildings: Rs 3,60,00,000
Residential Buildings: Rs 3,20,00,000
Total: Rs 7,20,00,000
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charanjit Singh
- Dr. Charanjit Singh is an Indian politician and doctor, who rose to popularity after he defeated the three-time MLA Charanjit Singh Channi from Chamkaur Sahib seat in 2022 State Legislative Assembly Elections.
Dr. Singh is an ophthalmologist and the state vice-president of the Doctors’ Wing. He is a public medical school graduate of Chandigarh’s Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.
- He first joined the Indian National Congress and served as the secretary of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC). Dr. Charanjit Singh was a long-time member of the Congress’s SC branch.
- Dr Singh stood against Channi in 2017, but lost by 12,308 votes. Dr Singh received 34% of the vote in the 2017 state assembly elections, while Channi received 42%. The people responded favourably to Dr. Singh, an ophthalmologist.
- Among other things, he raised the subject of illegal mining, the “goonda” tax, and pervasive “corruption” among Congress staff.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal directly campaigned for him. Charanjit Singh was outspoken about the problem of illegal mining in the Rupnagar area, as well as the alleged imposition of a goonda tax by some Congress personnel.This is also thought to be one of the main causes for Charanjit Singh Channi’s fort’s defeat. During a media interaction, when asked about his competition with Channi, he replied,
Channi will lose from both seats as he has been exposed in illegal mining and other acts of omission of commission. He is misusing his post for business. I am the real ‘aam aadmi’. CM Channi is living a lavish life. I have served the community and remained in the area even after losing the election. I never indulged in any wrongdoing such as illegal sand mining, etc.”
- On 11 March 2022, Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi handed in his resignation to Governor Banwarilal Purohit, a day after the Congress suffered a crushing defeat in the state legislature elections. Channi was defeated in both the Chamkaur Sahib and Bhadaur seats he ran for. Channi thanked the new Bhagwant Mann-led AAP government and hoped that it will continue to implement his government’s policies in the public interest, such as lowering power costs, lowering VAT on oil, and lowering sand and gravel rates.