Age: 36 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
Wife: Avantika Mohan
• Motivational Speaker
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut|| Novel (writer): Of Course, I Love You (2008)
TV (Screenwriter): Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera (2012-2015)
|Awards||In 2009, he won the Young Achiever Award by The Times of India.
In 2011, he won Young Achievers in the field of Media and Communications by Whistling Woods International.
He won an award twice, in 2014 and 2015, for the Best Youth Show in the fiction category for Sadda Haq.
In 2017, he won the Popular Choice Award in fiction for his book Our Impossible Love at the Crossword Book Awards.
In 2018, he won the Popular Choice Award in fiction for his book The Boy Who Loved at the Crossword Book Awards.
|Date of Birth||7 February 1987 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||36 Years|
|School||Bal Bharti Public School|
|College/University||• Delhi Technological University
• Gurgaon Managment development School
• Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering at Delhi Technological University
• MBA at Gurgaon Managment development School
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Trying new foods|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||1 March 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Avantika Mohan (Lifestyle influencer & Entrepreneur)
Daughter- •Rayna Datta (Born in 2017)
•Varya Datta (born in 2023)
|Parents||Father- Name not Known
Mother- Sabita Datta
Sister- Name not Known
|Food||Butter Chicken, Muri Ghonto, Papdi Chaat, American Chopsuey, Eggs Florentine|
|Word||Schadenfreude (A German word that means the experience of Joy and pleasure that comes from learning of failures)|
|Literary Character(s)||Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Augustus Water The Fault in Our Stars, Tyler Durden in Fight Club, Saeeda Bai in A Suitable Boy|
|Author(s)||Robert Ludlum, John Green|
|Book||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire|
|Romantic Novel||A Walk to Remember|
|Salary (as of 2013)||₹30 Lakh p/a From books only citation|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Durjoy Datta
- Durjoy Datta is an Indian novelist and screenwriter. He is famous for writing romantic young adult novels.
- Durjoy Was born in Gujarat but moved to New Delhi with his family. He belongs to a Bengali family.
- Durjoy Datta attended Delhi Technical University to pursue a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from 2004 to 2008. From 2009 to 2011, Durjoy pursued a post-graduate diploma in business management in Marketing at the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon. LinkedIn – Durjoy Datta
- As a consequence of a competition with his friend, Durjoy Dutta wrote his debut novel “Of Course, I Love You…! Till I Find Someone Better” during his last year of engineering. Durjoy accepted a friend’s challenge to write a forty thousand-word story, which he submitted to a Delhi publishing business. He wasn’t taking writing seriously after the release of his first book, but three or four months later, he received a call from the publisher informing him that his book had made the list of best-selling novels.
- Later in an interview, Durjoy revealed that his first novel, Of Course, I Love You…! Till I Find Someone Better, was a conclusion of several blogs, he wrote during college. The book sold more than 50,000 copies.
- After completing his post-graduation diploma, Durjoy Datta started working at a Corporate company as a Marketing analyst. In August 2009, his second novel, “Now That You’re Rich!,” was released which became a best seller in India.
- In 2011, along with fellow author Sachin Garg, Durjoy co-founded his own publication house, Grapevine India Publishers and later the same year, after receiving his first royalty cheque, he decided to quit his job and take up writing full-time. Open
- Over the period of 4 years, Durjoy became a best-selling author in India and published many novels including Ohh Yes, I’m Single..! And So is My Girlfriend! (2010), Hold My Hand (2013), When Only Love Remains (2014), and The Boy with A Broken Heart (2017).
- Durjoy Datta co-authored multiple novels like You Were My Crush! … till you said you love me! (2011) and Now That You’re Rich! Let’s Fall in Love! (2009) with many contemporary writers including Nikita Singh, Maanvi Ahuja, and Orvana Ghai.
- In 2012, along with fellow writer and best friend, Sumrit Shahi, Durjoy began his career as a screenwriter for the television serial Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera for which he got critical acclaim and a huge commercial success. Later, he worked as a screenwriter for many TV shows including Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi (2016), Million Dollar Girl – From Banaras to Paris (2014-2015), and Sadda Haq – My Life, My Choice (2013).
- He is known as the male Candace Bushnell, an American screenwriter, of India for his adult novel writing. Mint
- Durjoy Datta is also a motivational speaker and has appeared at many TEDx Talks events held at various places like NIT Durgapur, SITM, and IMT Dubai.
- Durjoy Datta calls himself a foodie, and he frequently posts photos of various foods on Instagram.